Bad experience in New York City.....

wahcheck said:
This reminds me of some funny graffiti I saw in one toilet......

"no use to stand up and sh..t.....the crabs jump 20 feet high here....."

My favorite line I saw in the restroom of a so-so restaurant, "Please flush twice, it's a long way to the kitchen". :D
 
I know Greg and he can be a jerk... I do have to wonder how people who treat paying customers that way, stay in business? Had one of the staff treated you that way, they probably would have gotten into trouble.

It sounds like you did not have to pay any table time or am I wrong? I would have packed up my stuff and left the balls on the table.
 
You're right....

cuechick said:
I know Greg and he can be a jerk... I do have to wonder how people who treat paying customers that way, stay in business? Had one of the staff treated you that way, they probably would have gotten into trouble.

It sounds like you did not have to pay any table time or am I wrong? I would have packed up my stuff and left the balls on the table.

I did bring the balls to the counter, the workers were cool.

mike
 
Checking it out....

I'll be in NYC in a few days. I've heard about a few new rooms to check out. And i'll be sure to go
by Amsterdam to see the lights.

m
 
cigardave said:
Hmmmm, I play all the time with the sun shining fully as my table is in my garage and I leave the garage door open, as well as a rear door open and a side window with the shade all the way up.

I didn't plan on playing that way as I added a shade to the side window in order to make it a pool cave... but have found that I like everything wide open even when the sun is shining fully in the afternoon... go figure. :shrug:


LoL, Dave.....that's because we see so little of it...it's an event when we do!

Lisa <=====likes the sun in her room too! :D
 
Chris_Lynch said:
All these years I thought dumping in a pool room meant something completely different. :grin:

I took a dump in a poolroom once. But it was an emergency. I usually never do "away games" but on this night, not only did I have White Castle for dinner, but I made the bold (and regretable) decision to order their clam strips.

The results were damn near lethal. I would have made the trek home but I couldn't hold out.




...wait a minute. Are we talking about the same thing here?!?!

Aw... who cares. Jude should be here in a minute. Afterall, he's ABC's chief PR guy.
 
pharaoh68 said:
Aw... who cares. Jude should be here in a minute. Afterall, he's ABC's chief PR guy.

Pharaoh68 talking about Jude.... WOW, didnt see that one coming. :rolleyes:
 
Jude?

pharaoh68 said:
I took a dump in a poolroom once. But it was an emergency. I usually never do "away games" but on this night, not only did I have White Castle for dinner, but I made the bold (and regretable) decision to order their clam strips.

The results were damn near lethal. I would have made the trek home but I couldn't hold out.




...wait a minute. Are we talking about the same thing here?!?!

Aw... who cares. Jude should be here in a minute. Afterall, he's ABC's chief PR guy.

Jude hasn't posted in over a month. I thought maybe you kidnaped him.
 
sounds to me that they built up their reputation and have enough repeat customers that they forgot that it's still a customer service business!
 
You know, its pretty simple, if you dont like the place.... dont go there. Since there is always a waiting list to get an "overpriced" table, clearly some people like it. If you think Broadway is nicer... by all means, next time your in town, GO TO BROADWAY. Buy some cheap BudLites and a microwave burger and eat it in their super clean bathroom.
 
You are making stuff up............

cleary said:
You know, its pretty simple, if you dont like the place.... dont go there. Since there is always a waiting list to get an "overpriced" table, clearly some people like it. If you think Broadway is nicer... by all means, next time your in town, GO TO BROADWAY. Buy some cheap BudLites and a microwave burger and eat it in their super clean bathroom.

Just cool your imagination sport boy. I never said Amsterdam was overpriced. As for the rest of your post you're just trying to be some sort
of wise guy. And not very well. Twit.

mike
 
Mike the Bike, I am sad to learn that your experience was negative. The fact is that Greg is the businessman and visionary who has made Amsterdam Billiard Club a beautiful, up-market place to play pool and to socialize, which makes him one of NYC pool's greatest treasures. As you've noted yourself, Greg has always seen to it that Amsterdam Billiard Club has a truly superior staff, and it is unusual that he gets involved in the kind of situation that you describe.

The regular serious players there all know about the sunlight issue during the day and know which tables to avoid. It is, however, a minor annoyance and hardly detracts from the great experience one can expect when frequenting the Amsterdam Billiard Club.

Amsterdam is not for everybody, and if you prefer to play elsewhere, that is OK. For readers of this thread, however, if you haven't played pool at Amsterdam Billiard Club, you have missed a very special expereince, and I hope you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to play there one day.
 
sjm said:
Mike the Bike, I am sad to learn that your experience was negative. The fact is that Greg is the businessman and visionary who has made Amsterdam Billiard Club a beautiful, up-market place to play pool and to socialize, which makes him one of NYC pool's greatest treasures. As you've noted yourself, Greg has always seen to it that Amsterdam Billiard Club has a truly superior staff, and it is unusual that he gets involved in the kind of situation that you describe.

The regular serious players there all know about the sunlight issue during the day and know which tables to avoid. It is, however, a minor annoyance and hardly detracts from the great experience one can expect when frequenting the Amsterdam Billiard Club.

Amsterdam is not for everybody, and if you prefer to play elsewhere, that is OK. For readers of this thread, however, if you haven't played pool at Amsterdam Billiard Club, you have missed a very special expereince, and I hope you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to play there one day.


i think if the customer wants that set of blinds closed then it shouldn't be that big a deal
 
Stones said:
Maybe the owner was just having a bad hair day!

Stones
Maybe the customer was walking around changing the dynamics of the poolroom without asking. Maybe he played with the thermostats in the room, too. Maybe he had the same crap attitude he's presented in this thread. MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE

I guess without getting both sides of the story we'll never know. But we can just keep talking about it all day!
 
Table 11 is my favorite table in the Tri-State area!

If only the Amsterdam girls stopped harassing me, I might be able to play some pool! :thumbup:
 
Back
Top