Ball cleaner project

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10" outer ring, platter 12.5. then as said below Off set the 10 inches to line up with the edge of the platter for best ball rotation.
Thanks. This info has been surprisingly hard to find.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nicely done. However isn’t this intellectual theft?
I don't know, but there's no way it harms them. The main reason for copying this design is to use their tried and true carpet pads, which I purchased. If I was willing to experiment with different carpets until I found a good one, I'd have gone with a design like the other homemade one posted in this thread. They are out nothing, and have benefited by selling me a replacement pad kit.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should be good. Besides that one measurement I was planning to build everything else to suit my setup. Starting with a modified upside down drill press, for the motor and drivetrain, and working upwards from there.

Thanks though, you've been helpful!

Edit: Actually if you know the rpm it runs at that would be helpful. I'd like to get my gearing as close to diamond's as possible.

Tlchas

I should be good. Besides that one measurement I was planning to build everything else to suit my setup. Starting with a modified upside down drill press, for the motor and drivetrain, and working upwards from there.

Thanks though, you've been helpful!

Edit: Actually if you know the rpm it runs at that would be helpful. I'd like to get my gearing as close to diamond's as possible
450 rpm

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a strange take. It's not for sale to be clear but thanks for the input detective.

Not a strange take. When you ask members to supply measurements of an existing product (which I contributed not knowing what the intent was) then you use those measurements to make your own polisher, I think it’s right on the line of theft. If your happy then I guess I am happy. Enjoy your diamond ball polisher. I know I enjoyed mine which I paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Tlchas

Not a strange take. When you ask members to supply measurements of an existing product (which I contributed not knowing what the intent was) then you use those measurements to make your own polisher, I think it’s right on the line of theft. If your happy then I guess I am happy. Enjoy your diamond ball polisher. I know I enjoyed mine which I paid for.

You didnt supply me with anything man, I wasnt even a memeber on this site until days after this project was completed... and if someone else did ask you that WTF did you think they where doing with that measurement?

And trust me I didnt save any money, or time.. 41 pieces of hardwood dont just fall together but thats kinda the point for me.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You didnt supply me with anything man, I wasnt even a memeber on this site until days after this project was completed... and if someone else did ask you that WTF did you think they where doing with that measurement?

And trust me I didnt save any money, or time.. 41 pieces of hardwood dont just fall together but thats kinda the point for me.

Cool. Enjoy your ball cleaner

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I don't think you understand intellectual property law at all. Building a copy of something for your own personal non-commercial use is not prevented by any law.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think you understand intellectual property law at all. Building a copy of something for your own personal non-commercial use is not prevented by any law.

Oh no? Try building an iPhone and let’s see if they consider it intellectual property. Just buy the damn ball cleaner. So many threads here with people building their own ball cleaners when it’s obviously a copy of something that is on the market. I really don’t care. But, this is how things start.

Like I said enjoy.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Oh no? Try building an iPhone and let’s see if they consider it intellectual property. Just buy the damn ball cleaner. So many threads here with people building their own ball cleaners when it’s obviously a copy of something that is on the market. I really don’t care. But, this is how things start.

Like I said enjoy.

In this case it would be building a cell phone, and nothing wrong with doing that.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Like I said enjoy.

I built a radio at home - please don't call RCA!

I chopped down my cherry tree - please don't call George!

I built a bumper for my Jeep - please don't call Chrysler!

I built a cue stick - please don't call Barry or Gus!

You can build anything you want for personal use, it's when you try to profit off of said product is when you'll get in trouble.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You’re a ton of fun. No problem with him making his own polisher as similar to diamonds. He put the work in. He’s not mass producing them.
You’re either a troll, or a nit, or probably both. Lighten up, Francis.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re a ton of fun. No problem with him making his own polisher as similar to diamonds. He put the work in. He’s not mass producing them.
You’re either a troll, or a nit, or probably both. Lighten up, Francis.

How cute you are. So easily triggered. Go back to playing animal jam. Nothing to see here and certainly nothing to talk about tulips.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I built a radio at home - please don't call RCA!

I chopped down my cherry tree - please don't call George!

I built a bumper for my Jeep - please don't call Chrysler!

I built a cue stick - please don't call Barry or Gus!

You can build anything you want for personal use, it's when you try to profit off of said product is when you'll get in trouble.

RCA? You are showing your age. So glad I never met and played pool with you.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw all the posts and thought there was an interesting exchange with ideas for building ball cleaners.

I was... wrong.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Like I said enjoy.

You are going off in crazy directions because your arguement has no merit. I can build an entire house full of exact copies of every product I own and there is zero anyone can say or do about it if it is for my own use. He's not selling them, not putting the Diamond logo on it and there is nothing more to say. Hasn't anyone ever told you that when you find yourself in a deep hole, step one is stop digging.