Bank finals rude fans

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id say within 15 months, he will just be a bad memory. His business plan stinks too. When you have the top players, who they gonna play?

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This reads like a bad attempt at humor. Did anybody watching the finals see John get up from a shot to address somebody in the crowd?

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id say within 15 months, he will just be a bad memory. His business plan stinks too. When you have the top players, who they gonna play?

Uh, they can play the top American Players. He has a Scot, Brit, Philipino, Canadian, and 2 Taiwanese.

Shane, Bergman, Dechaine, Archer, Morris and Woodward would make for good opponents, no?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh, they can play the top American Players. He has a Scot, Brit, Philipino, Canadian, and 2 Taiwanese.

Shane, Bergman, Dechaine, Archer, Morris and Woodward would make for good opponents, no?

I believe only SVB would be willing and could raise the $$.Those other guys will want a spot imho also. I just dont see it lasting-been wrong before.

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
This reads like a bad attempt at humor. Did anybody watching the finals see John get up from a shot to address somebody in the crowd?

Joe,

Were the finals done in the Accu-stat Arena? If they were, I bet it's on recorded video and someone has the answer to your question.

The comment another poster made regarding sending John to the Mosconi isn't far from the truth. The number of times the referee had to stop a match and request quiet from the crowd as way too high. It was both fun and embarrassing to watch and hear the crowd in Vegas. John would excel there!

Lyn

TomInFaribo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicago Joe:
I watched the stream and definitely saw JB get up from a shot and look into the crowd.
The guy could have been European rooting for Shaw as they can be pretty brutal???
Let me clarify myself some more. Shaw would not be a part of it.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yea, I've always been bad at humor... I didn't think it was real funny myself but that's just me. I was sitting right behind them with unobstructed views of the whole arena. Believe what you want. Just a uninformed opinion of an observation from a blind old fat guy..... Sorry i brought it up. I didn't believe that guy who said the rude guy was European anyway. He didn't sound like he was speaking french at all to me the night before when he was emptying out to the rail.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, at least twice during the match Brumback on the stream got up off his shot and looked back behind him with a nasty stare. Was nice to see him each time get back down and make a great shot regardless of the idiots in the stands.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Joe,

Were the finals done in the Accu-stat Arena? If they were, I bet it's on recorded video and someone has the answer to your question.

The comment another poster made regarding sending John to the Mosconi isn't far from the truth. The number of times the referee had to stop a match and request quiet from the crowd as way too high. It was both fun and embarrassing to watch and hear the crowd in Vegas. John would excel there!

Lyn

I had dinner next to those guys at the Food Court during the MC. As loud as they were in the arena, they were very knowledgeable, and well behaved. I always thought they were just drinking too much, but they were all pretty sober. Not disrespectful at all.....go figure. I think it's gotten to the point were they know it's affecting play, so they just turn it up a notch.Euro's dig it, we don't....different cultures.

There were 4 of them, and they were all friends of Karl's. They all played in the same room with Karl for years. At least that's what they told me.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I had dinner next to those guys at the Food Court during the MC. As loud as they were in the arena, they were very knowledgeable, and well behaved. I always thought they were just drinking too much, but they were all pretty sober. Not disrespectful at all.....go figure. I think it's gotten to the point were they know it's affecting play, so they just turn it up a notch.Euro's dig it, we don't....different cultures.

There were 4 of them, and they were all friends of Karl's. They all played in the same room with Karl for years. At least that's what they told me.

Thanks to Karl, I will never enjoy "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" again!

Lyn

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
If it was him, I'm sure we will all be treated to a rambling wall of text when he gets home.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to Karl, I will never enjoy "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" again!

Lyn

Yeah -That song is REALLY weak at this point. Year after year.

The difference in cultures is so huge though. You couldnt get American fans to enthusiastically sing together like that if you paid them.

We are too cool to do that. Only assholes would do that and as my HS friend pointed out -"Assholes have more fun!" (than us cool guys) Ahaha,

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Know John is a member here and posts from time to time. Perhaps he'll jump on from the Derby and comment.

Lyn

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Know John is a member here and posts from time to time. Perhaps he'll jump on from the Derby and comment.

Lyn

Yes, then someone can quote it, hit enter a handful of times within it, and make paragraphs so it's readable.

Isnt there a pic of John floating around here? Maybe OP can confirm if that was him by looking at the pic... you know... like a lineup.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Yes, then someone can quote it, hit enter a handful of times within it, and make paragraphs so it's readable.

Isnt there a pic of John floating around here? Maybe OP can confirm if that was him by looking at the pic... you know... like a lineup.

Think he meant Brumback, not French.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was right across the arena. I saw JB get up and look at the guys, and then someone on my side said.. "Isn't that John French". I am not joking nor do I have any dog in this fight. That doesn't mean it was him of course, but that was what I saw and heard. I don't know the guy so I couldn't say.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, Pat just put up a replay of the second half of that match, and it's playing on the stream right now. Maybe we should all take a peek. ;)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was right across the arena. I saw JB get up and look at the guys, and then someone on my side said.. "Isn't that John French". I am not joking nor do I have any dog in this fight. That doesn't mean it was him of course, but that was what I saw and heard. I don't know the guy so I couldn't say.

This is the Internet-We dont need conclusive proof! IT WAS HIM!!