Bank-the-8...................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know, its kind of a chickenshit bar-pool game BUT: what are end game rules? If your opponent leaves the 8b in the jaws is there a rule covering playing a safe? Can you call safe, make the 8b and spot it? If so does opponent get cb in hand or bih in the kitchen? Thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that a kick counts also, at least that is what some people I played with said.
I've heard of two or more rails kicks count. That would be simple way. Still curious if you could pocket the 8b and play some some sort of safe.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard of two or more rails kicks count. That would be simple way. Still curious if you could pocket the 8b and play some some sort of safe.

Probably not unless they remove the making the 8 in wrong pocket is a loss part of the rules.
Another issue with the 8 near the pocket is you can still scratch if you make a good kick.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably not unless they remove the making the 8 in wrong pocket is a loss part of the rules.
Another issue with the 8 near the pocket is you can still scratch if you make a good kick.
I don't mind 'bank-the-8' as long as these rules variations are clear up front. Some bars can be VERY chickenshit in their rules handling to say the least.