Bca 8 ball rack

TAP

"Banks are Always Open!"
Silver Member
In Bca 8 ball, rules state that the 8 ball must be in the center of the rack and a stripe and one solid on alternate rear corners.
So, my question is- is a HOLLYWOOD RACK (all stripes on one side, and solids on the other a legal rack, as it meets the two requirements? Thanks. TAP

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Bca 8 ball, rules state that the 8 ball must be in the center of the rack and a stripe and one solid on alternate rear corners.
So, my question is- is a HOLLYWOOD RACK (all stripes on one side, and solids on the other a legal rack, as it meets the two requirements? Thanks. TAP

Absolutely!

randyg

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, my question is- is a HOLLYWOOD RACK (all stripes on one side, and solids on the other a legal rack, as it meets the two requirements?

There are only 3 requirements, and that description obeys all 3 requirements.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BCA rules are more in depth than that.
c54746d5dff1135d0e3adba10cc7ff97.jpg

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was pointed out to me that I referenced BCAPL (CSI) rules and not BCA rules. For regular BCA rules should I reference this?

http://bca-pool.com/?page=54
d96a1fc249a1b561b95c9ec8146d4e23.jpg

Or this?
http://wpapool.com/rules-of-play/#eight-ball
c1e1179cc7e521416caf84ccaf31ccaf.jpg

I will admit my ignorance of how the BCA (non-league) is organized and affiliated. In either event it appears racking to a pattern is not permitted. (Even though leagues allow alternating solids and stripes around the outside then swapping one corner).

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess a little reading appears to have cured my ignorance. BCA, as the regional member organization of the WPA, adheres to WPA rules. The rules on the BCA site are an outdated version of WPA rules. The latest WPA rules I can find are from 3/15/2016. BCA has an announcement of new WPA rules on 12/1/2016 but I don’t see a December version of the rules and suspect the announcement was just that a purchasable booklet version of the March rules was available. So effectively the second link would be apt.

Either way, they both say the same thing regarding the rack.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No it’s no legal to intentionally do it, but it’s legal to have a rack that looks like that. Intentionally placing the balls is the same statement as pattern racking.

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really Randy,

How about the RANDOM part of the statement? Lining up all stripes or all solids sure doesn't sound random to me! I'd protest that rack. And I have!!!

Lyn

OK-OK. I got carried away.

I stand to Lyn.

Must be RANDOM? racking.

randyg

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone should rack like Jimmy Reid explains in his art 8ball video. Covers all...
I’d post a link, but, ...