Bca and Phenolic tips or ferulles?

instroke2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i recently heard, Bca now has decided all Phenolic tips or ferulles are now illegal...

What about all the Sledgehammer and other break cues out there that have some sort of Phenolic tips?

Are all these break cues now firewood?

MilwShooter

Pool? Never heard of it..
Silver Member
You could do a search on the forum, this has kinda been discussed to death for the last 2 months or so but there has also been a lot of information given as well as a couple useful links in those other threads as well. As far as all those break cues, they'll still get used by people, just not in BCA sanctioned events.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
i recently heard, Bca now has decided all Phenolic tips or ferulles are now illegal...
Only tips. Ferrules per se are not implicated.

What about all the Sledgehammer and other break cues out there that have some sort of Phenolic tips?
There is no distinction between manufacturers. Any phenolic tip is banned.

Are all these break cues now firewood?
Why would the be firewood? The rule only applies to BCA tournaments. You can still use them at home, in your pool room, matching up, or other places the rules allow.

-td

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sticks are still good. Just take it to your local cue repais shop and have a very hard leather tip installed. You probably won't notice any difference in breaking or jumping other than the sound will be different. No more "tink" of phenolic.

chin0

"Chino Miss-A-Lot"
Silver Member
Stick a hard leather tip on it. If it is a good break cue, it is a good break cue due to it's balance, weight and the way it can transfer power and speed to your break shot. Stick a super heard leather tip on it, and it would surely break just as well. I believe that a hard leather tip can be just as hard as a phenolic tip. Don't scrap it, or turn the fireplace on in the middle of the summer :D