BD "From the Publisher": The Team Dream

JAM

I am the storm
Silver Member
Each month, Billiards Digest Publisher Mike Panozzo has an article about various pool-related topics. This month, he chose the topic of Bonus Ball and entitled it "The Team Dream." :)

As an august pool industry member, Panozzo has experienced quite a few entities come and go. I remember the enthusiasm he shared about the IPT when it came to the fore. It was front-page news on the magazine cover, and like Bonus Ball, the IPT breathed a little hope in those who do care about the future of professional pool. When the IPT came to a crushing halt, the disappointment was soon replaced with anger on the forums, in the print media, and even on Wikipedia. In fact, there was more press coverage of the IPT's failure than at its genesis. :o

I got a chuckle out of Panozzo rooting for his Bonus Ball hometeam from Chicago, wondering why Chicago's Bonus Ball players, consisting of Rodney, Mika, and Raj Hundal, were called the "Chicago Rockets" instead of the "Chicago Hitmen." I agree that the Chicago Hitmen would have been a pretty cool name. :grin-square:

Based on, I'm sure, his experience in the industry, there is a cautious optimism expressed. I am sure nobody passionate about pool wants to see history repeat itself a la IPT.

In sum, I thought it was a great read, so I'm sharing the link here for those who might have missed the June "From the Publisher": Billiard Digest's The Team Dream.

I am not as optimistic as Panozzo, but I most definitely respect his evaluation of Bonus Ball. After all, he's been in this racket a heck of a lot longer than me, so when he writes, I read. Hope you enjoy the article as much as I did. :cool:
 
Back
Top