BeCue First Impressions

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received my new BeCue carbon fiber cue. My cue is the style they call a "Sneaky Pete," presumably because it has colored points in the butt. The basic cue, which they call a "Bare Naked," is an all black carbon fiber butt. The shaft on all their cues is carbon fiber with a flat finish white paint coating.

The list price for the Bare Naked cue is $850 and the list for all of the Sneaky Pete versions is $1,000. You may also want to buy a set of joint protectors ($30 list) because BeCue uses a proprietary all-metal joint in their cues.

There are no American distributors at this point so you have to purchase the cues directly from the Italian factory. This means extra shipping and import fees. My cue cost $51 to ship and I had to pay $45 in import fees to retrieve the cue from DHL.

Their website (BeCue.com) does not, as of this writing, have an online store so you have to contact them via them email and arrange the purchase. Alternatively, you can contact "wrickyb" here on AZBilliards and he can act as a go-between for the sale.

This cue is, in my opinion, clearly a competitor to Predator's Revo cue. Unlike the Revo, you cannot just buy the carbon fiber shaft. The whole cue is carbon fiber so it comes as a package.

As to the cue itself, it is a thing of beauty. The craftsmanship is excellent and the cue exhibits the famed Italian sense of style and design.

The tip is 11.8 mm (the only size at this time) and the shaft is a conical taper. If you have been playing with a pro taper the shaft will seem a little fat at first, despite the tip size. I play with an OB Pro+ shaft so I do notice a difference in the shaft thickness, even though the OB tip is the same size (11.75mm).

The shaft is painted white (flat finish) and has a smooth but not slick feel.

The cue hits very nicely. It is solid without feeling either heavy or too light. It took me about half a rack of balls to start liking the hit. I am still noticing that the shaft seems fat, but I expect I will adapt to the look and feel quickly.

As I say, the cue is simply beautiful. The only "flaw" I can find is that the points in the butt are not totally flush with the surface of the cue, as they are in butts with inlays. The points are not inlays. They are either painted on or are decals (painted I think) so I can feel a very slight ridge on the edges of the points. Very slight, but I noticed it. Presumably the Bare Naked version does not have this issue.

So far, I am liking the cue very much. I will try to offer some more impressions after I play with it for a while.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Impressions II-

After hitting a few racks with the BeCue, I can say it is definitely a low deflection shaft. In fact, I would say it is even less deflection than my OB Pro. I have been shooting with OB cues for a couple of years and I like them very much. I have always liked the hit of my OB Pro. But I have to admit, the hit of the BeCue is better. It feels more solid, more stable somehow. They claim more energy transfer from the carbon fiber vs wood. I can't say I notice that necessarily, but the hit of the cue is definitely more stable feeling than with my OB shaft.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few photos of the new BeCue

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 628

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The green is funky, kinda like it. Wouldn't mind a blue though. I just bout 3 Revo's in the past month & completely forgot about the becuz.

What was the wait time to receive once you ordered & paid? Also what is the stock tip that it comes with?

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The standard production time is three and half weeks. Also there is a Pro Taper shaft that is almost ready to ship. The following options are now available, the shaft can be 1 inch longer, the butt can be 1 inch longer, there is an extension available for the butt and joint protectors. The sneaky pete is available in white, blue, red and green. If you have any questions you can contact me here or text or email USA@BecueOfficial.com

Ricky Bryant

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My order was finalized on Friday and the cue arrived the following Thursday.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stock tip is an UltraSkin soft. (They recommend soft tips, of whatever brand you might want to put on it.)

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, that didn't take long. This is now my primary playing cue. Nuf said.

spidermik

Registered
Hi guys, usually we don't reply on the forum because we don't want to turn every thread into a becue showcase, but, in this case, we think it's important to explain that the ridge on the edges of the point are due to the green (in this case) paint.
Our cues have not decal or inlay.
All the graphic details are hand airbrushed by an italian artist, consequently you can notice that ridge because of the additional paint layer between carbon fiber and clear coat on the point area, exactly as you could notice on an airbrushed bike helmet.The step is reduced during polishing, but can not be completely eliminated if not creating a layer of clear coat too thick.

Thank you guys and sorry for intrusion
Michele and Alessandro

Ciao

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alessandro,
Thanks for the clarification. The cue is beautiful and I like it very much. The ridge of paint is no problem at all, just wanted to note any observations I made to provide a complete report. Sorry if I created any confusion with my original post. In my opinion, this is an excellent cue.