Bert Kinisters 60 Minute Workout

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The past two nights I have gone through Bert’s 60 minute workout. I did much better tonight than I did last night and feel this workout could really help improve my game. Have any of you used this workout as he suggests for 6 weeks everyday? I am only an sl5 in apa 9 ball so I am sure it will help my game. Just wondering if any of you have used it as he suggests. Just looking to see from those of you that are much better players than me if you have found that this routine is valuable.
For those that have used it did you find that memorizing the shot numbers as he suggests helped?
Scott Lee is coming to give me a full day lesson in a few weeks so I am certain my practice routine will change after that but until then I plan on going through this workout everyday.
Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The past two nights I have gone through Bert’s 60 minute workout. I did much better tonight than I did last night and feel this workout could really help improve my game. Have any of you used this workout as he suggests for 6 weeks everyday? I am only an sl5 in apa 9 ball so I am sure it will help my game. Just wondering if any of you have used it as he suggests. Just looking to see from those of you that are much better players than me if you have found that this routine is valuable.
For those that have used it did you find that memorizing the shot numbers as he suggests helped?
Scott Lee is coming to give me a full day lesson in a few weeks so I am certain my practice routine will change after that but until then I plan on going through this workout everyday.
Thanks for any feedback.

Yes, Bert's workouts are very useful.

Then again, ANY set of shots that are done on a regular basis for a long enough time frame will improve your game in general as long as:

Your fundamentals are there....... stance, bridge, p.s.r., backstroke, set/pause, str8 delivery, good follow through........ AND :

Are consistent each and every time.

Do that♤♤♤♤♤♤♤ and ANY workout will benefit you.

Rake

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I definitely hear ya about the fundamentals being sound and consistent. That is exactly why I have Scott Lee coming.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a video anywhere of that Shot #1 that you are referring to? I believe its the shot where you try and replace the OB with the CB, correct? Where you just let the CB roll forward about a ball.

And, uh, GodinSession, where you located anyway?

r/DCP

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi DrCue. Yes the shot you are describing is his shot number one. Side rail, cue ball 2nd diamond, object ball other 2nd diamond on the same rail about half a ball distance away from the rail. Make the shot and cueball replaces the object ball. Not a stop shot.

I am located just outside of Pittsburgh PA.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
burt

as I have ben playing really for only 4 months, I new that there were plenty of video systems for sale on learning to play pool. I came close to buying a couple of them, but held off. I came across Burt on you tube, and for some reason he clicked with me. (believe me, money is no concern to me in getting better in pool :cool:). so I rented Burts 60 minute workout for 4 days. decided to do the first 20 shots. so I made diagrams on each shot, with my notes.

it has really clicked for me. I do 10 shots a day, each at least 15 balls. then the next day I do the next 10 shots. its amazing how often these shots come up in pattern play. all the time.

as a example, shots 4 and 13, I had no clue how to hit them.i tried and tried. now, I can hit shot number 4 almost each time into the middle of the table. even im impressed with myself.shot 13 is much harder, but I can now get the movement and the spin right, so im getting better on that shot.

I agree that shot number 1 is a fantastic shot. I just hit it over and over again.

so yes, burt is the shits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After learning the fundamentals of the game by reading and practicing Bob Byrne's Standard Book of Pool and Billiards, the next thing I did was to buy Burt's 60-Minute Workout on VHS tape, which had just come out. Man did that change everything for me. Shoot all the shots every day and you'll be a strong APA 7 in no time.

Learning the shot numbers is very helpful. Doing so allows you to easily recall the proper way to play a given shot when it comes up in a game. And they all come up, over and over. You start playing for the shots. That's when you know you're on the right track. And knowing the shot numbers allows you to quickly talk to other "Workout Nuts" without having to describe the shots. I play with a scotch doubles partner who does the workout and we just call out the next shot we want when there's more than one angle to get on the next ball. "Give my a 14." :)

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one of the things he points out when working one the shots is to always have a target to shoot to, other instructors that have followed if you will in his steps saying the same thing. Always have a target in mind where you want the cue ball to travel to.
It was s subject that was brought up here not to long ago about why the top pros will always with there cue point to where they want the cue ball to travel to. If you watch some of Bata's early tournament days he would touch a rail or point to where he was going with the ball, and younger players still do it!

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bert Kinister made me player that I be today... with 3 months time spend with 60 minute workout. Watch vol 2 and 3 too. There Bert tells more information to needed apply 60 minute workout to be part of your game.

P.s Don´t believe all he says. Some stuff is little misleading but 95% of it is golden. :)

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bert Kinister made me player that I be today... with 3 months time spend with 60 minute workout. Watch vol 2 and 3 too. There Bert tells more information to needed apply 60 minute workout to be part of your game.

P.s Don´t believe all he says. Some stuff is little misleading but 95% of it is golden. :)

Poolmanis. Thanks for your response. I am a subscriber of your YouTube channel. You are a GREAT player. I watched your video where you went through Berts workout along with many others. I learned a lot from your videos. I especially liked your safety game video.