Best Cue Case Exotic Leathers

wpolkjr

The Legend Of Polk
What are the top 3 exotic leathers to use for a nice looking, durable, long lasting cue case?

Thanks for answering.

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the top 3 exotic leathers to use for a nice looking, durable, long lasting cue case?

Thanks for answering.

Elephant will last a long long time. If you can find some thick ostrich it will last really well also.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Thanks for answering.

Alligator/Crocodile

Elephant

Shark

You can have a durable, long lasting case with just about any leather depending on how well it's built. So construction is key.

My advice is to find the case makers on this site, go to their profiles and choose find all threads started. Then you can browse the cases they have shown on here and get a better feeling for what exotic leather looks like. One in particular uses a lot of exotics and has a very nice portfolio of cases using them.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Leather?

Thanks for answering.

I know I may be a lone voice here, and will be attacked, but I prefer to see leather on its original owner. I'm glad there are finally options to leather tips as well.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Sting Ray, but no one likes working with it.

I know a guy...

I'd think Stingray, Elephant, Alligator, Shark, any one ever see Rhino???

I'd think thicker hides would last longer, but I'm no expert. I always consult my case maker, since he owns a tannery and has forgotten more about leathers than most people will ever know...

best,

Justin

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I know I may be a lone voice here, and will be attacked, but I prefer to see leather on its original owner. I'm glad there are finally options to leather tips as well.

I can understand your point of view but if it weren't for leather then humankind would not be where it is today.