Best cue under $1000

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am going to go out on a limb and say mcdermott has some solid offerings at very fair prices under 1k. Their cue of the month series is steal of a price, and a great warranty on mid tier+ cues. April 2024 cue of the month is a very simple, but nice looking cue and the 3/8/10 joint is common to fit any shaft type you want after the fact. given the price, you can pick up a different shaft fairly quick and keep in your budget.

I wouldnt say best cue, because you can find some really solid deals sometimes under 1k if you look hard enough. But definitely a option worth checking.

GrayBeard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice Joss cue with a Predator Revo shaft.....done and done!

I have two sets....and one just so happens to be a Jos16. It's a phenomenal player.

Hard to find a better playing combo, for well under your budget.
I like my Joss 44 butt with Cuetec Cynergy carbon shaft.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Joss might save me some money though I’ve been seriously considering Schon STL4.
You can't go wrong w Schon or Joss. If that's the hit you like. The cue you want needs to match the type of hit best for your stroke and pocketing speed.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know if you would consider it, but there was a gorgeous pech. with a cf shaft and maple shaft (test hit only) on the for sale forum for a great price. had to force myself not to pull the trigger.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Different strokes for different folks, as you can see here. My advice would be to go to an event where there are many cuemakers displaying their wares. Try them out for yourself and pick the one that feels best for you!
You'll get more cue for the money that way as well. Last day of sale is always best if you wanna got that way. Be surprised the deals you'll get. Justa thot.