Best ferrule

cuewhiz189

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ive been playing for 15 years and prefer ivory but have heard nothing but god about ivor-x ferrules.......juston coleman

Cletus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Ivor-x put on one of my shafts to test and have no complaints so far. The guy who put it on my cue uses it on his cue for 6 months now and he also likes it.

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
bobroberts said:
Which is the best for a playing cue?Looking for opinions.
Ivory
Ivorinne
ivor x
Phenolic
Ivor-x all the way buddy, the best i've used yet, out of: fiber, aegis, aegis II, ivorine 3, LBM (linen based melamine), grice, prathers linen based, ivory (of course), G10/FR4 (you never know until you try lol, i didn't like it, aside from the color throwing me off, it hit kinda funny) and those are all that i remember lol. But from my experience, Ivor-x is the best of them all.

Juston, when are you going to get around to Ivor-x?

Thanks,

Jon

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bobroberts said:
Which is the best for a playing cue?Looking for opinions.
Ivory
Ivorinne
ivor x
Phenolic

It depends on the type of hit you want. There is no such thing as best. If you want a ton of english then ABS high action ferrules solid capped for strength might be best. If you want a hard hit Ivory or Aegis would be better. Medium hard hit them Melamine or Ivorine. I used to play with the high action ferrules, but once everyone started using fast cloth years ago I found my cue ball control was too unpredictable. So I went to a nice tight weave melamine and still play with it today. I don't have any experience with ivor x but might try one to see whay everyone likes it so well.
Happy Cue Building.
Chris
www.internationalcuemakers.com

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Djago's ivor-x

Just made 2 shafts for Bustamante's to replace his Bear's original shafts, one he broke at 2003 WPC and the 2nd one which has gotten too skinny for him, for him to "test run" at the on going Japan Open. One has an ivory ferrule and the other an Ivor-X by Zyler cues. Hopefully he'll get used to and approve its performance as he plans to use these for the upcoming WPC Taiwan. ;)

The shaft with the Ivor-X ferrule has a joint ring that's the same height as his Bear's butt while the one with the ivory ferrule has a taller black phenolic face end ring. This will make it easier for me to see which one he's using when videos and pics are shown.

LRockwell

Registered
I been using Ivor-X on my Viattorre for almost a year now as per Jackson's recommendation. I really like it and have zero problems or complaints. Really solid hit

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Bustamante's Ivor-X ferruled shaft

Looking at his photo in the JBC site, He's using the Ivor-X ferruled shaft. And judging by his standing, I'd take a stab at saying that it's working great for him. :)

Ralf Souquet 11:5 Kiyoshi Suzuki
T.Hohmann 5:11 F.Bustamante
Syuji Nagata 11:8 Charlie Williams
Efren Reyes 11:3 Jeong Young Hwa

Last4:
Ralf Souquet vs. F.Bustamante
Syuji Nagata vs. Efren Reyes

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Darn, Django lost to Rolf Soquet 8-11. I'll try and find out from him if there was any equipment related shot problem. Anyway, I got a verification that he was using the shaft with the Ivor-X ferrule and ER Black Master tip.