Best instructional videos & books?

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
What would you recommend for instructional videos & books?

I am looking for advanced materials on position, safety play, strategies, kicking, drills etc. sort of an all around course to get me back in stroke when I am able to play again in a few months.
 
bigshooter said:
What would you recommend for instructional videos & books?

I am looking for advanced materials on position, safety play, strategies, kicking, drills etc. sort of an all around course to get me back in stroke when I am able to play again in a few months.

Check out the "beards" banking books. My sparring partner is going through it now and is turning his bank game into a serious asset!

td
 
grindz said:
Check out the "beards" banking books. My sparring partner is going through it now and is turning his bank game into a serious asset!

td

Agree strongly. Freddie's stuff plus the Dr. Cue kicking videos really changed how I think and execute banks and kicks.
 
bigshooter said:
What would you recommend for instructional videos & books?

I am looking for advanced materials on position, safety play, strategies, kicking, drills etc. sort of an all around course to get me back in stroke when I am able to play again in a few months.


I like Joe Tucker's Aiming system with a workout.
Tom Rossmans video withy the Monk is Great on kicks.
 
Phill Capelle's books are pretty detailed and you can get his main book (Play your best pool) or the specialty books on 9 ball or straight pool. He may even have others out now, not sure.

Can't go wrong with the Byrne books either, classics, both the standard and advanced books.

The Pro Book also has some good drills in it, I believe 20 common shots that are good to practice, much like some of the workout videos Bert Kinnister produced. I have never seen any of this pattern videos, but he has a lot of them, might be worth checking out as well or at least getting some more info or reviews on them.

Or you can do what I've been doing to get back in stroke after a long layoff, go through old magazines, videos, online resources, etc. and just put together your own book of drills, kicks, banks, etc. to work on and pick a couple each day and keep working on them. PM me if you want any more info.

Scott

Good luck.
 
Back
Top