Best Pool Balls?

MurrayNevada

9ball5032 said:
If you can afford it:
1. Predator Arcos II
2. Aramith Tournament

CORRECTION (IMHO):
Aramith Tournament (Uses Duramith)
2. Predator Arcos II (A step below according to Aramith)

Aramith says:
"The Arcos II set is made for Predator with the same specifications as the Super Aramith Pro set."

And the Aramith Tournament set can be had for $100.00 less!

Aramith.jpg

terpdad

Registered
Or save $50 and buy the Dynasphere Bronze.
A legitimate point, but the Ladons do have an extra cue ball & the "money balls" so you are getting 4 more balls in the set. They might come w/ a template rack, too (mine didn't b/c I bought my set used).

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure you're not thinking about the Tungsten set? The Bronze are the traditional color set. Really nice balls.

I have had a lot more people tell me the Tungsten set are amazing looking than anything else I have used. Not counting a few old grumpy players that complain the colors mess them up hehe. It's still the only set that brings people to drag their friends over to my table to show them the ball set, and I have seen in person 4 people order them day that they saw them. As they say, booty is in the hand of the guy grabbing it, or something like that.

mrpiper

Registered
While Arcos II balls are made to same "specifications" perhaps of the Super Pro balls, the letter everyone is referencing does not discuss the "Formula" for the resin. The specifications could refer to roundness, weight, color tolerances etc...

I wrote to Saluc / Aramith directly and on their site and they NEVER responded.

I wrote to Predator to ask about this and here was their reply to me on Monday, July 19, 2021...

"Thank you for contacting Predator Group, and for your inquiry about Predator Arcos 2 pool balls. We teamed up with Aramith who is manufacturing Predator balls to our specifications. We use a unique formula that makes the Predator Arcos II balls the best for performance play. As a result Predator Arcos II balls are highly accurate and durable."

My specific question to BOTH companies was "Do the Arcos II balls use Duramith technology resin or some other formulation?" Predator, while not specifically answering my question, did insist that their formula is "unique". That implies it is NOT Duramith OR Super Pro formulation. Is it better or less than either of these? I don't know.

Obviously Aramith is making $$$ on the concept of Duramith and would not want to lose that marketing mystique. Predator could use the exact same process and formula with virtually ANY small change and call it a "unique formula". Maybe 1/1000th shade lighter or darker white base resin, and call it "Unique".

Either way, Predator INSISTS that their formula is unique.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While Arcos II balls are made to same "specifications" perhaps of the Super Pro balls, the letter everyone is referencing does not discuss the "Formula" for the resin. The specifications could refer to roundness, weight, color tolerances etc...

I wrote to Saluc / Aramith directly and on their site and they NEVER responded.

I wrote to Predator to ask about this and here was their reply to me on Monday, July 19, 2021...

"Thank you for contacting Predator Group, and for your inquiry about Predator Arcos 2 pool balls. We teamed up with Aramith who is manufacturing Predator balls to our specifications. We use a unique formula that makes the Predator Arcos II balls the best for performance play. As a result Predator Arcos II balls are highly accurate and durable."

My specific question to BOTH companies was "Do the Arcos II balls use Duramith technology resin or some other formulation?" Predator, while not specifically answering my question, did insist that their formula is "unique". That implies it is NOT Duramith OR Super Pro formulation. Is it better or less than either of these? I don't know.

Obviously Aramith is making $$$ on the concept of Duramith and would not want to lose that marketing mystique. Predator could use the exact same process and formula with virtually ANY small change and call it a "unique formula". Maybe 1/1000th shade lighter or darker white base resin, and call it "Unique".

Either way, Predator INSISTS that their formula is unique.
I asked Aramith not once but twice and both times(they answered quickly btw) they said the arcos2 balls uses same formula as SAP & Centennial balls. Said Duramith is reserved for their top Aramith-brand balls. I'm not going all 'tin-foil hat squad' and try to read more into this. I like the looks of the Pred. balls but i also think they are getting a premium $$ for the name.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9ball5032 said:
If you can afford it:
1. Predator Arcos II
2. Aramith Tournament

CORRECTION (IMHO):
Aramith Tournament (Uses Duramith)
2. Predator Arcos II (A step below according to Aramith)

Aramith says:
"The Arcos II set is made for Predator with the same specifications as the Super Aramith Pro set."

And the Aramith Tournament set can be had for $100.00 less!

View attachment 603075
I prefer Aramith Tournament over the Brunswick Centennial, but either one is excellent.