Best Pricing on Pechauer?

Rye_a

Registered
I used to shoot pool recreationally quite a bit, but for quite a few years life (work, wife, and kids) has kept me from playing as much as I'd like. Now for the first time in my life I have a table of my own, and I'd like to have equipment that can grow with me as I practice and my skills improve.

I've been reading and learning quite a bit about the different cue companies, and based upon their reputation and business practices (I love that they grow, mill, and turn their own lumber) I have decided that I'd really like to own a Pechauer cue. I'd like to get a mid-grade cue that can grow with me, and that I can use with various shafts as I learn more about what I like.

That said, I don't think that it makes a whole lot of sense for me to put a huge amount of cash into my first "real" cue. My question is this: What is the best place to buy a discounted, discontinued, or quality used Pechauer cue? for the low-mid range of Pechauer cues are there certain models that I should seek out or avoid?

terpdad

Registered
My 1st choice would be Seybert's. There are some discontinued models on sale now. I'm kicking myself for passing on a JP series I liked recently. You can find older models on FB, eBay, etc. too.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I've seen, all the online dealers offer the various cue brands discounted the exact same amount from some stated retail price. Recently, someone pointed out that Seyberts was offering an additional discount for the cues listed on their Hot Deals page, but there are only two Pechauer models left. I think Seyberts may only have 1 or 2 cues each of the extra discounted cues based on how quickly some of the listings disappeared.

I'd like to get a mid-grade cue that can grow with me,
For one person a mid grade cue may be a $350-$600 cue, and for another person a mid grade cue may be a $1,250-$1750 cue. So, you should probably state your budget.

What is the best place to buy a discounted, discontinued, or quality used Pechauer cue? for the low-mid range of Pechauer cues are there certain models that I should seek out or avoid?
Let's say a new Pechauer cost $400, and someone offered you that cue, only hit with once, for $300. Would you buy it? Remember, a new Pechauer from a Pechauer dealer comes with a lifetime warranty against warpage, and you don't have to risk a fraudulent transaction. Many people who buy used cues seem to value a lifetime warranty at less than $50, so they would buy the hypothetical cue for $350. I think that's ridiculous. So, you need to think about that question for a little bit and decide what value you attribute to a lifetime warranty and fraud risk, then you will be able to price used cues accordingly.

And, you should probably consider the flip side: if you think used cue buyers are paying too high of a price because they don't properly discount for no warranty, fraud risk, and undisclosed damage or wear and tear, then you should consider buying a new cue, knowing that you can sell your cue at a good price should you decide to move on to another cue.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a Pechauer dealer on facebook's Open Billiards Market named Michael Littman who was selling new Pechauers for $230. You could choose the weight and tip size. Here is what they looked like:
rack_of_pechs.jpg
You might want to try and contact him to see if he has any left.

Currently, there is a used Pechauer PR18 for sale for $350 by David Reinhardt on facebook's Open Billiards Market.

Last edited:

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I used to shoot pool recreationally quite a bit, but for quite a few years life (work, wife, and kids) has kept me from playing as much as I'd like. Now for the first time in my life I have a table of my own, and I'd like to have equipment that can grow with me as I practice and my skills improve.

I've been reading and learning quite a bit about the different cue companies, and based upon their reputation and business practices (I love that they grow, mill, and turn their own lumber) I have decided that I'd really like to own a Pechauer cue. I'd like to get a mid-grade cue that can grow with me, and that I can use with various shafts as I learn more about what I like.

That said, I don't think that it makes a whole lot of sense for me to put a huge amount of cash into my first "real" cue. My question is this: What is the best place to buy a discounted, discontinued, or quality used Pechauer cue? for the low-mid range of Pechauer cues are there certain models that I should seek out or avoid?

I was scared to pay a lot for my first cue too. I started looking at cheaper cues when Pechauer also caught my attention. Realizing these have a Lifetime warrantee I thought I should get what want since it will last me (within reason).
I like inlays so the one I got was a JP series at $440, but I got it for $350. Loved it so much I ended up getting a Pro series with an LD shaft and converted the first cue to a break cue with a Black Ice shaft. Spent more than I ever thought I would, but no regrets at all, they're worth it.
Keep an eye out though. I recently found a $780 Pechauer for $300 on ebay, used maybe a couple of times, you really cannot tell it was ever used.