Best Revo to buy to convert to 3/8x11?

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all. I've been using a Cuetec Cynergy shaft on a couple of my Omens for a little over a year now and I really like it. I originally tried a Revo and I didn't really care for the hit or the sound, but I recently tried another friend's Revo and absolutely loved it. Now I'm thinking about buying one to use on my Omen but it has a 3/8x11 pin and Predator doesn't make one that fits it. I can get it tapped to fit, but which one should I start with? Radial? Uni-Loc? 5/16x14? 3/8x10? Or does Predator sell partials? My guess is it would be better to buy a 3/8x10 or a radial because there's no brass insert like in the other ones? Also, is it better to cut the threads into the existing shaft or drill out a bigger hole and glue something into it (like wood or carbon fiber) that can then be tapped for the correct pin? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

PS. I won't be doing any of the drilling and tapping, I'm leaving that to the professionals...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Really? I've been looking and can't find them and Predator doesn't list that as a size that they offer on their website. Neither does Seyberts, Omega, etc.
They were advertising a Revo Custom, which you can order in any pin you want. I'll poke around and see if I can find it again

AndRun

Registered
Here's my story that you might be able to relate or get something out of.

I have a collection of 5/16-18. Overtime I grew to hate the effort of screwing and unscrewing the godly long threads.

So I Googled up and asked around for what my options are. Apparently, it is possible to replace the pins. Just that the pin I want is Uniloc, which (according to a couple cuemakers) is a pain to install. On top of that, they generally don't recommend pin replacement. And that's if the material is wood. I never asked about CF material, but I'd think it's not feasible due to the need of some sanding. But then I'm not knowledgeable at all when it comes to cuemaking.

After contemplating the cost, risk and resulting quality, I decided to simply get a whole new set. And sell the Meucci to cover the cost.
Depending on the personal value of the Omen butt to you, replacing it might be an option.

Or get a Meucci CF Pro instead of Revo. They make it for any joint, length and even custom ring to match an existing Meucci.
BUT... well...
I currently own both. They are built in similar tip diameter and taper. I initially thought as long as it's CF it'd be the same. When I found that they're not even remotely similar I got the Revo.
The Meucci Carbon Pro is very light compared to Revo by almost an ounce. The Revo is made to be similar to the Z2 shaft I already own. Down to the weight. This allows easier adjustment when switching.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Here's my story that you might be able to relate or get something out of.

I have a collection of 5/16-18. Overtime I grew to hate the effort of screwing and unscrewing the godly long threads.

So I Googled up and asked around for what my options are. Apparently, it is possible to replace the pins. Just that the pin I want is Uniloc, which (according to a couple cuemakers) is a pain to install. On top of that, they generally don't recommend pin replacement. And that's if the material is wood. I never asked about CF material, but I'd think it's not feasible due to the need of some sanding. But then I'm not knowledgeable at all when it comes to cuemaking.

After contemplating the cost, risk and resulting quality, I decided to simply get a whole new set. And sell the Meucci to cover the cost.
Depending on the personal value of the Omen butt to you, replacing it might be an option.

Or get a Meucci CF Pro instead of Revo. They make it for any joint, length and even custom ring to match an existing Meucci.
BUT... well...
I currently own both. They are built in similar tip diameter and taper. I initially thought as long as it's CF it'd be the same. When I found that they're not even remotely similar I got the Revo.
The Meucci Carbon Pro is very light compared to Revo by almost an ounce. The Revo is made to be similar to the Z2 shaft I already own. Down to the weight. This allows easier adjustment when switching.
Thanks for your lengthy story, but 3/8-11 is a fairly standard cue pin at this point. If you had googled "3/8-11 pool cue" you would have learned plenty

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
They were advertising a Revo Custom, which you can order in any pin you want. I'll poke around and see if I can find it again
The Custom is no longer offered, but Radial is the easiest to change. You may be able to just tap it, or it will be a drill/plug/retap job. Many cuemakers can handle this with ease.

Where are you located?

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Custom is no longer offered, but Radial is the easiest to change. You may be able to just tap it, or it will be a drill/plug/retap job. Many cuemakers can handle this with ease.

Where are you located?
That's too bd they're not offered anymore. That was short-lived. Anyway, I'm in Oklahoma. Pete Ohman(Omen) is in Florida. I have quite a few of his cues as well as a Southwest and they all have the big 3/8x11 pin which I'd like to keep using. That's one of the reasons I went with the Cynergy shaft originally, because they're readily available to fit the 3/8x11. Pete said he could make it work, I'm just trying to figure out all my options.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
That's too bd they're not offered anymore. That was short-lived. Anyway, I'm in Oklahoma. Pete Ohman(Omen) is in Florida. I have quite a few of his cues as well as a Southwest and they all have the big 3/8x11 pin which I'd like to keep using. That's one of the reasons I went with the Cynergy shaft originally, because they're readily available to fit the 3/8x11. Pete said he could make it work, I'm just trying to figure out all my options.
You can find a reasonable Revo and ship it right to Pete.

One point, if you modify it, there is no warranty anymore and resale value will be reduced.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk to CAM cues in OkCity. Chad does great work.