Best Ring Game Rooms 5x10

I'd enjoy trying to play a few racks on a 5' x 10' table that isn't a snooker table , nothing against snooker but I can't think of ever seeing anyone ever play more than a game or two if that .
Which is a sad situation .
Ring games were my crack.😂
They've gone the way of 14:1 sadly.
I've tried numerous times to get one going at a local hall here and have to explain the game every time and why they're so much fun, etc... it gets old after awhile. Eyes glaze over after my first two sentences. I just don't get it.
Then I'll see the same players on a barbox downstream visibly upset over playing 8 ball for a fiver.🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
 
I never saw any fun in the big 5x10 or 6x12 tables that were so tight like bertha. What is the fun or even the skill of dinking a ball 1" at a time until you can get that final 1/2" to be able to move to hole 2.
 
Why I enjoy the idea of a chance to play on a 5' x 10' table is so I could get what it feels like to play in the Big Foot Challenge at the Derby , yes I know I don't have a chance of winning it but I really enjoy a challenge and heaven help the person who tries to tell me that I can't do this or that while playing pool ha ha !
 
Frank the Barber/Almanza played once maybe twice a week at his local AZ pool room with others, he just passed and was in his mid eighties.
He told me the guys would help em get up to walk and he'd shoot about every five minutes or so, he said, these guys never won.
Said hi to em his last day in bed daughter was there.
 
There was a room in Denver, first of it's kind all earlier Brunswick's.
It was built I think in 1936.... all the road players knew this room Family Fun Center on the corner of 38th and Sheridan.
Then along came the switch out early sixties to All New GCI's.
Then Medina started playing here in the later eighties when he quit playing bar tables and choose to go pro on the nine footers.
They had two 5x10 snooker tables there that had at least one going from open/close 364 days a yr. I think they opened.... like all the old great pool rooms, at six pm on xmas and close at midnight :).
Five by tens never got replaced, one table of course was always the best it was against the wall :).
There was an older black man that played there, worked, married never went anywhere to play.
No one I heard to could beat this man at his own game on five x ten. Roadies didn't like it. That caught my attention in 1975.
 
Last edited:
ring games and golf golf games for bigger money cant last long as the best players take off all the money most every time.

only if they limit who can play and never let it be open.

some rooms used to get a few people that would lose their paychecks every week in those games and keep them alive.

plus its ripe for two or more players to help each other out and steal from the game.
 
ring games and golf golf games for bigger money cant last long as the best players take off all the money most every time.

only if they limit who can play and never let it be open.

some rooms used to get a few people that would lose their paychecks every week in those games and keep them alive.

plus its ripe for two or more players to help each other out and steal from the game.
Some people were barred from golf games.
 
Back
Top