Best Valley tables?

Schling_us

Hey guys I’m in the market for a used valley table. Just wondering if certain series tables are better than others and why? Thank you

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Older used ones are pretty much all the same I think, basic and solid. The newest ones have flush pocket caps and use 5 bolt rails, but you probably won't find deals on those.

PoodlePuncher

Registered
it really depends on what size you want.
i was specifically looking for a 6', so it took me a long while to find my model-13.
93, 101, & 110" tables are out there, but can also be difficult to find.

The 88" 6.5' tables are a dime a dozen, just get the cheapest one you can find in good condition.

First page of this document shows the models, and their sizes. could be helpful when looking, as the model numbers changed from year to year.
https://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/docs/ValleyPool2010Web_000.pdf

Last edited:

PoodlePuncher

Registered
I would also add...
Mechanically they are all pretty similar, but if the if the box needs repairs (trim, laminate, etc), newer is better.
parts for tables earlier than 86 have long been discontinued.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you get your table, upgrade to Penguin pro cut rails and get a good aramith set of balls. You'll love the setup and the difference the rails make.
I disagree with both of these suggestions to an extent.

I'm assuming the OP is looking to get a good setup as inexpensively as possible, because he's looking used at used valleys. In that case, I'd recommend dynasphere tungsten balls. They are basic looking, but use top quality materials for under $100. To get an aramith ball of similar quality or better, you have to get duramith balls. What do they start at, $400? I don't even know.

As for the rails, I'd not recommend pro-cut rails unless he is a very advanced player that is specifically looking to increase difficulty. Nothing is more frustrating to an average ability player than a table that is too tight, and it practically guarantees that beginners will not have fun. To start, I'd just get new rubber for whatever rails the table comes with, and upgrade to pro-cut down the road if he decides he wants a greater challenge.

One thing I would splurge on is good cloth though. Good cloth is WAY more fun than cheapo junk.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I disagree with both of these suggestions to an extent.

I'm assuming the OP is looking to get a good setup as inexpensively as possible, because he's looking used at used valleys. In that case, I'd recommend dynasphere tungsten balls. They are basic looking, but use top quality materials for under $100. To get an aramith ball of similar quality or better, you have to get duramith balls. What do they start at, $400? I don't even know.

As for the rails, I'd not recommend pro-cut rails unless he is a very advanced player that is specifically looking to increase difficulty. Nothing is more frustrating to an average ability player than a table that is too tight, and it practically guarantees that beginners will not have fun. To start, I'd just get new rubber for whatever rails the table comes with, and upgrade to pro-cut down the road if he decides he wants a greater challenge.

One thing I would splurge on is good cloth though. Good cloth is WAY more fun than cheapo junk.
So get new rubber but not new rails, hmmm. $225 for new rails with new rubber, and you can get almost any facing angle you want.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So get new rubber but not new rails, hmmm. $225 for new rails with new rubber, and you can get almost any facing angle you want.
Replacing just the rubber and facings costs less than $100.

My point was that he probably doesn't want pro-cut unless he already knows he wants pro-cut. For the average player it will make the table frustrating.

pw98

Registered
Hey guys I’m in the market for a used valley table. Just wondering if certain series tables are better than others and why? Thank you
I've played on some older ones where the rails were a little taller (probably for the big cue ball, which of course had been replaced with a normal sized heavy cue ball) so you had to elevate your cue to shoot off the rail or you would miscue. This made shooting off the rail harder. I would recommend against one of these models.