Best value billiard balls (Aramith Regulation Size Crown Standard)?

Looking to pick up some new billiard balls. What's the best value billiard balls to purchase? I am a traditionalist, like the clear white balls. Was looking at a set of Aramith Regulation Size Crown Standards.

theyonger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would go with these: https://seyberts.com/collections/ar...-premier-pool-ball-set?variant=41732548231366

But many others will say to go with dynasphere. Bronze looks pretty traditional. Tungsten is cheaper but not traditional look. I've had no experience with them so my dollar goes to Aramith.
One of the best deals in pool is the D'sphere Bronze set.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith Premium or the Dynasphere Bronze are the two best sets under $200 new. I have played with both the Premier and the Premiums and the Premiums play close enough to the Pro sets at almost $100 less to not make any difference for 99% of players. The Premier set feels a bit loose and light in comparison.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The quality for the $$$ can not be beat.
Really, it's more accurate to just say that the quality can't be beat period. The Aramith Duramith might be better quality, maybe, but they are definitely both top tier.

tomatoshooter

Aramith Premium or the Dynasphere Bronze are the two best sets under $200 new. I have played with both the Premier and the Premiums and the Premiums play close enough to the Pro sets at almost $100 less to not make any difference for 99% of players. The Premier set feels a bit loose and light in comparison.
I have the Premiums and like them a lot. I do have to mention that I believe the higher end sets may be more durable. I also got a measles ball at the same time and some of the balls have scuffs from hitting the fireplace but I can't see any on the cue ball. It may just be harder to see on the white ball. Or you can keep the balls on the table.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Really, it's more accurate to just say that the quality can't be beat period. The Aramith Duramith might be better quality, maybe, but they are definitely both top tier.
You could be right. I have both sets and also play with the Arcos (also Duramith) set sometimes, and they all play really well. My game is not sensitive enough for there to be any real difference. Although it does seem to me I've noticed less skidding with the Dynsapheres.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith premier (?) What ever their lowest grade is, is fine. If you are gearing up for a particular tournament, try to play with that set if you feel like the balls or they're condition actually matters. If your not 680 Fargo or above , it's less than meaningless.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy the Aramith set that looks most pleasing to your eye.
Even if you go top of the line at around $400, think about how long that they will last you.
Almost forever.
Any set you buy will be a bargain over time.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Dynaspheres Bronze is the best value in pool. They are affordable and high quality, being made from the same phenolic resin as Dynaspheres premium sets. I would not choose Aramith's lowest quality set vs. the Dynaspheres Bronze. Ever.

Last edited:

phreaticus

Buy the Aramith set that looks most pleasing to your eye.
Even if you go top of the line at around $400, think about how long that they will last you.
Almost forever.
Any set you buy will be a bargain over time.
No offense, but this is ridiculous. The Dynasphere Bronze are not only outstandibg value, they also perform exceptionally well. They are all very closely matched size/weight in each set, stay much cleaner, and the CB has become my all time favorite. Their looks are great & they far outperform both Aramith Tournaments & BW Centennials in terms of cleanliness & no skids. Two local bars have migrated to them and they seem to be taking a beating just fine so far. In fact I just bought two more sets for two other local bars. I just wish Dynosphere made magnetic CB’s to match…

Even if it somehow turns out to be true that they aren’t as durable long term (which is pure speculation on the part of Internet pontificators, as there are zero complaints or indications of this so far in any online reviews/discussion after a few years of being in use), at their price point one could simply buy a new set every 5-10 years and still be financially ahead vs the high end Aramiths etc. But thats silly anyway, no one is realistically going to wear out any balls on a home table…

IMO there is absolutely zero drawback to the Dynasphere Bronze, they are perfect in every way and actually seem a cut above the traditional best in class. Anyone saying other wise, simply hasn’t played with them.

Cheers

Last edited:

DryFlyTrout

I've been playing with Dynasphere Tungsten at home for almost a year and really like them. I'll probably get the bronze set at some point but the color of the tungsten doesn't bother me. I have 5 sets and the Dynasphere stay on my table. If you want traditional, bronze is the way to go.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to pick up some new billiard balls. What's the best value billiard balls to purchase? I am a traditionalist, like the clear white balls. Was looking at a set of Aramith Regulation Size Crown Standards.
There are many options. The OP asked about the Crown Standards. I can say from owning a set of Crown Standatds is you wont go wrong with them. For around $100, they are a good value and you will unlikely wear them out.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy what appeals to you and can afford. You likely will never buy another set of pool balls
when you buy a quality product, even when used. Remember after you play your first rack,
you now own a set of used pool balls worth less than what you paid. I suggest you consider
a higher quality version and see if you can locate a pre-owned set. If you can score a set of
brand X for 50-60% of the original selling price, you’d likely be happier with a pre-owned set.
A pre-owned set of Centennials would be my choice but you have lots of options to think about.

T@BP

Dynaspheres has change the name of their new pool balls, so if you are looking for the technical updated and new Dynaspheres 2.0 balls from 2022 you should google:

Pool ball set:
DynaSpheres Pool Palladium 572 8 x solid ball, 7 x striped ball, 2 x cueball with 6 black rotors
DynaSpheres Pool Rhodium 572 8 x solid ball, 7 x striped ball, 1 x cueball with 6 black triangles
DynaSpheres Pool Vanadium 572 8 x solid ball, 7 x striped ball, 1 x cueball with 2 black triangles
DynaSpheres Pool Tungsten 572 8 x solid ball, 7 x striped ball, 1 x cueball

The old model of Dynaspheres pool balls was called Platinum, Gold, Silver and Tungsten, only Tungsten name is still in use, the other names are gone.

So I guess you might find a really good price on any of the old ball sets ;)

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazon is still selling the old name Dynasphere's for the moment....I found all but the Gold
Screenshot_20221030-080005_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited: