Best way to record game (camcorder or webcam?)

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at a tournament recently where the organizer/director was using a webcam to stream the important matches.

I wondered, what's the best/preferred method to record a game on a home table?

Camcorder?

Webcam?

720 resolution would be fine, I'd imagine 2-3 hours per recording.

Thanks in advance for any input/opinions. :)

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at a tournament recently where the organizer/director was using a webcam to stream the important matches.

I wondered, what's the best/preferred method to record a game on a home table?

Camcorder?

Webcam?

720 resolution would be fine, I'd imagine 2-3 hours per recording.

Thanks in advance for any input/opinions. :)

it all has to do with the resolution and frame rate. if you have a low res camcorder it wouldnt help any more than a hi res webcam with a low frame rate. Also depends on what your end result you are looking for is. Are you just using it to analize your game and see where you went wrong or do you want to record specific shots for dextarity. Do you want to review games to go over strategy or are you looking more for playback so you can check for fouls. Your end game is going to determine more what is right for you. Yes a webcam can be choppy because of a low frame rate or because of latency over networks, however a camcorder may be over kill epending on what you are looking to do with the video afterward.

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might look into a GoPro. Lot's of different resolutions available and with their app you can change it to slow motion for analyzing.
I slow it way down from HD recording to really see stroke movements that need correcting.
Randy