Beware of new users who have "just what you are looking for"

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does AZB make our emails available to other users? After posting wanted threads, I’ve had a few people emailme directly. Creeped me out.

Edit: here’s the email of the most recent incident: geacelopzy@gmail.com

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
leto, no, email addresses are not public.

We had another scammer reach out to someone on the site this week, claiming to have the cue that someone wanted. He was claiming he was a well known user here on the site.

The user who was looking for the cue thought it was a little suspicious and didn't make the deal.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just a reminder again, that we do not make user's email addresses public. If someone reaches out to you via email, there is a good chance that it is a scam deal. Asking them to verify their account through the site is a good way to weed out some of the scammers.

Mike

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got back into the forum and upon listing 3 sugartrees got 2 potential scammers

BushkaGUY

You are discouraging new users from responding to "wanted".
Thus preventing a user a potentially good deal.
Everybody loses.

Just sayin.

Joe

BushkaGUY

I am open to suggestions that handle the issue better.

Mike
Let me think through it.
But I don't know enough about the capabilities of your website.
One solution might be to restrict new users from posting in the want/for sale forum until they are vetted by posting a certain number of posts in the general forum. They can reply to for sale items but not an others. This way a legitimate new user can buy something. But a scammer cant respond to the "wanted" section.
I don't know; just thinking off the top of my head.

Joe

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
+1 (928) 651-9652 I made a post with my number and he contacted me telling me he was Josh Gambler67 so I stupidly believed him😔I just really wanted to own a JW finally.
Same guy just got me on a ob shaft he supposedly had. I don't know how he got my email but he emailed from joshualeehana@gmail.com
He said he was 67gambler on az who is a gold member so I zelled him the $100. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I broke my rule & should have used paypal & Not f&f where u have no recourse. In the old days on az if somebody screwed you they would get a visit from an az member in their hometown. I feel like a real fool for going for this idiots hustle.

Last edited:

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Folks ... It is getting really bad ... every time I post something for sale I get scammers trying to scam me.
Please be very careful to who you send money to.
Dont fall for that check that is more than what you asked.
Why cant the government do something about the rampart theft on the internet?

Grimace

One thing you could do is make it a requirement for all sellers To show the user name and the date on a piece of paper next to the item they are selling

Joegolf

Registered
Anyone deal with a jackass with these email:
Hotrodrabbit@aol.com
joshualeehana@gmail.com

He scammed me out of $150. I was wanting a Breakrak and he replied to my email address. I was stupid and didn’t do my due diligence and I paid for it. Is there a way to track someone down using an email address?
I’m on an iPhone so I couldn’t get an IP address. There are some limitations with ips that tick me off.
He answers to Joshua but I’m sure it is an alias.