Big playoffs match tonight (league play)

jaywheel

Registered
I live on the Montreal south shore and have been playing in this league for 3 years now. It's one of the best league in the whole province of Quebec I'd say because the owner of the pool hall is able to get sponsorship for each team.
Monday = A league
Tuesday= B league
Wednesday= C league

32 teams of 2 players in each league, 28 weeks seasons, 20 games of 9-ball per night per player,15$ per player per week. There is a house ranking so the leagues are quite well balanced, there's always that case of a new comer who suddenly becomes very good towards the end of the season but still... We each have a shirt with our sponsor's names and after the season, comes the playoffs.

1st year I palyed I was in the C league with my brother-in-law. Finished 8th during the season and 4th in the playoffs. Playoffs are 1vs32, 2vs31...with a winner's and a loser's bracket. Last year, I had to go up in the B league with a new partner. We finished 21st in the season and 13th in the playoffs.

This year now, I kept the same partner and we finished 15th in the season. We've won our 3 playoffs matches against the 18th, 6th and 3rd place. Only 4 teams left on the winning side so we're guaranteed of a 6th place. We are playing the team that ranked 2nd tonight and a win would guarantee us the 3rd place.Here's the remains of the brackett:

Two of the teams we beat are still alive on the losing side.

Now here's the thing. I play 5-6 tournaments a year. Had a good season this year, winning 2 and finishing 2nd once. The combined purse I made for these was about 600$, which isn't much.
In the league, the purses look like this:
1st 6 000$
2nd 4 000$
3rd 3 000$
4th 2 500$
5-6th 1 500$
This means the match I'm playing tonight is worth 1 500$ and I've known my opponent for two weeks now since we had a bye after our last win. I practiced and visualized and all, but in the end, when money like that is at stakes, the level of play can change so much because of the pressure and the crowd watching.
One thing I know, me and my partner can perform well under pressure, but I'm still quite nervous (enough to go on a rambling rant like that...) and have the shakes the first few games I play.

The playoffs formula is a best of 3, race to 9, 9-ball game. I'll let you know how I did tomorrow.