Billiard halls in Ann Arbor Michigan

Getting back into pool and looking for billiard halls around Ann Arbor, Michigan.

List them please, from bars with a 7 footer in the corner to dedicated pool halls.

I know of one bar box that is ten miles from me, the next one is 40 miles down the road.

appreciate it.

Crankster

middleofnowhere

Registered
Getting back into pool and looking for billiard halls around Ann Arbor, Michigan.

List them please, from bars with a 7 footer in the corner to dedicated pool halls.

I know of one bar box that is ten miles from me, the next one is 40 miles down the road.

appreciate it.

Crankster
120,000 people I was perplexed with nowhere to play. I did some googling and you look right. They are few and far between. You need your own table.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The University of Michigan Union used to have some nice old tables and a few new ones, but they got rid of their pool room apparently with the last renovation :(

I grew up in Ann Arbor and used to live there, but moved away nearly 20 years ago. There used to be 2 weekly bar table tournaments at the 8 Ball Saloon- Tuesday for 8 ball and Sunday for 9 ball, but I doubt that is still going on.

In Jackson (40 miles to the west), there was a good place with lots of bar tables called "The Garage" that used to have a lot of tournaments too. Again, I've been out of the loop for nearly 20 years, so I don't know the current status of that place either

middleofnowhere

Registered

appreciate it.

Crankster
As I read on here I'm beginning to think I am neive as to what the picture is of pool around this country. In Florida or at least by me there are big tables all over the place. I can drive to maybe 5 for real pool rooms in 20 minutes.

I can add to that if you live somewhat Central in the state there's tournaments all the time to drive to. Those tournaments that Tommy Kennedy puts on and numerous pool room tournaments.

Florida is pretty good state to live in if you like to play pool. Not to mention no state income tax for those who make a few bucks.

I guess I naively thought it was somewhat like that everywhere unless you're in some kind of rural area.

Last edited: