Billy Thorpe conceded with 7 balls left.

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Efren Reyes made his famous zig zag shot against Earl to win the tournament Earl conceded the 9 ball. Does that make him a poor sport or unprofessional? No, the context of the situation dictated that everyone went crazy and it was one of the most revered shots ever recorded in pool. Put things in a different context and they have a total different meaning.

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John McEnroe used to smash rackets all the time and I don't think it got this much coverage.

Guys break their bats over their knees in baseball and don't get this much coverage.

The guy was frustrated. Leave it at that.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Score 5-4 Gomez and Rodney just hung a very routine 8ball.

Make these players shoot every shot!

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Did a little checking and watching some of his matches. He's a hell of a good shot - just young is all. I admit conceding 7 balls is a bit silly - but frustration has many faces.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy Thorpe vs Gomez coming up at 7pm central. Winner goes to the final vs Joey Gray.

Time for some redemption billy!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5-3 Gomez, Billy left himself tough on the 8ball(maybe no shot even) and missed. Gomez had 7 balls and Billy raked it!

6-3 Gomez breaks dry..

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gomez dry breaks and Billy runs out, 6-4 Gomez.

Billy follows it up with a BNR. 6-5 Gomez.

Gomez breaking...

Gomez BNR. Gomez wins 7-5.

Still a solid showing for the young Billy Thorpe. 3rd place.

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
It should be noted that Billy did miss another 8-ball with 6 of Gomez's balls left -- and yep, he raked them again!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gomez dry breaks and Billy runs out, 6-4 Gomez.

Billy follows it up with a BNR. 6-5 Gomez.

Gomez breaking...

Gomez BNR. Gomez wins 7-5.

Still a solid showing for the young Billy Thorpe. 3rd place.

Yes a good showing by finish but not by attitude he slammed a ball off the table after a missed shot in this match ,, he realy needs to work on his emotions he's young I'll give him a flyer but he needs to get that under control now ,,

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jesus, you guys make it sound like he should be locked in a padded cell. The guy plays pool for a living, what could be more important than not missing a ball? Stupid to rake the balls? Yes, but saying the guy has mental issues? Grow up.

How would you feel if you went to work this week and lost 2/3 of your salary for making a mistake? I would bet there would be some kicked trash cans, thrown items and maybe a few smashed computers outta some of the very same people pointing fingers and calling for a straight jacket.
Jason

GoldenFlash

Banned
you guys make it sound like he should be locked in a padded cell. The guy plays pool for a living, what could be more important than not missing a ball? Stupid to rake the balls? Yes, but saying the guy has mental issues? Grow up.
How would you feel if you went to work this week and lost 2/3 of your salary for making a mistake? I would bet there would be some kicked trash cans, thrown items and maybe a few smashed computers outta some of the very same people pointing fingers and calling for a straight jacket.
Jason
Your ideas about this are so lame.
:shakehead:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
J

How would you feel if you went to work this week and lost 2/3 of your salary for making a mistake?
Jason

Do it every day. you make a big enough mistake, and you can toss your year end BONUS right out the window. And we are not talking about an offense that would get you fired, but the stupid ones where you shake your head and say why?

That will cost you about 25% of your salary at the end of the year. just saying.

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I lost 2/3 of my salary for a mistake and I was a golfer, or tennis player, or any other of the thousands of world class performers who get paid what they're worth, I'd open up a beer and get ready for next week.