BK Rush VS Cuetec Breach VS Power Break G

Naitch

What break cue do you think is better? The Predator BK Rush, Cuetec Cynergy Breach or Mezz Power Break G?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This all depends on what you mean by "better". The break is 95% in the breaker and rack setup. For hit feel of only the 3 you listed, I used the BK Rush and the Mezz and I like the balance and hit of the BK Rush better. Going outside of what you listed, I picked up for free a Cuetec CT296 for free from a left behind pile at a pool hall, put a white diamond tip on it and it's about 90% as good as the BK Rush hit feel. Basically any old break or break/jump cue will get as good of a result since there are much less variables to the break shot than with a normal pool shot., so the effects of the cue and shaft are not nearly as important. I think the break cue is one of the few equipment pieces that does not matter much what is used past a basic level of build and hit quality, that and maybe chalk would be the second one. I would have 0 issues using a house cue for breaking during a tournament and won't think that it had any difference on the outcome I got off the breaks.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I personally like the power break 2 butt mixed with the G shaft. Seems to fit me well.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the ones listed. all are very solid breakers!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i still feel like the pure x is better than the predator, ive used both plenty. i dont get much going with the predator, havent had a chance to use the others

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My GO customs breaker is really good. Last weekend at our Regional Tournament one of the best players there used it for a match and was very impressed and told me it was going home with him! :)

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Hit the BK Rush extensively and bought the PB-G. They are so close in comparison imo, that the only separation is what tip you decide to use. I stuck with the sonic tip that comes stock from Mezz. I prefer it over the BK Rush and whatever tip it comes with or a WhiteDiamond.

YMMV

Naitch

My GO customs breaker is really good. Last weekend at our Regional Tournament one of the best players there used it for a match and was very impressed and told me it was going home with him! :)
Was it a full carbon break cue?

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer the Cuetec Breach over the Predator Rush for certain, but haven't spent enough time with the Mezz – who I've heard is pulling out of the U.S. Market. I'd go with the Cuetec based on price, performance, and the difficulty of getting support for the Mezz if you had a warranty issue. With that said, I think Mezz makes some great stuff.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
who I've heard is pulling out of the U.S. Market.
First I've heard of this. Credible source from the company or unaffiliated chit chat at your local room...?
I'd go with the Cuetec based on price, performance, and the difficulty of getting support for the Mezz if you had a warranty issue.
Have you had difficulty with Mezz warranty claims personally...? ...or is this an extension of the rumour about their supposed leaving of the NA market..?

I don't know very many Mezz owners to be honest. Most that I'm aware of are using an Exceed model. Which supposedly places a higher premium on quality, so I don't know how much that plays into the dependence on warranty.

Specifically speaking about the Mezz PB-G breaker. I've held 4 in my hand (3 with wrap) and owners had zero issues that would require any level of warranty service. In fact, I have never heard of anyone using any level of Mezz equipment, making a warranty claim. Not saying it hasn't happened, or that a warranty is useless. Just that needing access to warranty has been moot based on my small sample size.

I have demo'd the Cuetec Breach at a show. Which really isn't enough to give a credible review. However, other than saving a bit of money it did nothing to differentiate itself from either the BK Rush or PB-G. All these CF breakers seem to be so close in performance that I truly believe it's a matter of what tip happens to be on it, or your specific take on brand loyalty. I'm not ashamed to say that I bought the PB-G for sake of being brand loyal. I paid more for it and waited longer then I could have for a BK Rush. However in my neck of the woods the ratio may be near 100:1 in favour of the BK-Rush. To me it's worth a couple hundred extra to carry something that's equally as good but notably more uncommon.

If warranty coverage is a driving consideration, then I'd go with the Predator product.

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i still feel like the pure x is better than the predator, ive used both plenty. i dont get much going with the predator, havent had a chance to use the others
The Pure-X is an excellent cue. I've advised many people looking for their first Break or Jump/Break to go that route. Still the best option *for the money* on the market.