black diamond water buffalo tip

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Has anyone played with one, if so, how do these play?
I ran a search and couldn't find much info on these. My cue repair guy stocks these and I was thinking of giving them a shot. Any info is much appreciated.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with Black Diamond tips for last year (changed 4-5 tips), and i think they are good tips for the money, they are medium, but tend to get a bit harder in time. I like them more than Ultraskin, they hold chalk well, and feel nice. What I don't like is when the tip get low, it starts to get chipped, when you use power draw shots. Maybe leather is not the best quality or too much adhesive using to hold layers together, or maybe I just have to change the tip earlier :)

Here are real photos of the tips I purchased

Here is a black diamond tip I put on one of my shafts. Sorry for the picture quality.
Black Diamond.jpg

Last edited:

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Thanks for the pics, they're the same ones my tip guy has. How's this tip grip the cueball compared to other tips? any issues with miscues?

Last edited:

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the pics, they're the same ones my tip guy has. How's this tip grip the cueball compared to other tips? any issues with miscues?

When tip get thin, I have many miscues on power draw shots, actually this is the reason why I want to use another tip, but that can be my fault. I don't use much English so I can't say how the tip grips the cueball, but it's ok.
For couple $ you can try them.

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Installed on several players cues and they like them no complaints and no removals.