Blue Cloth...which color chalk is best

time_is_now

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which color chalk is best used on the Blue cloth used at the US Open? When i recieve my table i was told to use green chalk only....since then i have partcipated in another tourney whereas they allowed blue chalk only on the blue cloth. Any idea what the real reccomendations are for up keep of the cloth? Does blue or green chalk stain blue cloth more?

wbweld0

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the general rule of thumb is you want the chalk color to match the cloth color as close as possible...i.e. if you use green chalk on blue cloth then you will see the green chalk more than if you used blue chalk on the blue cloth.

david hodges

Registered
time_is_now said:
Which color chalk is best used on the Blue cloth used at the US Open? When i recieve my table i was told to use green chalk only....since then i have partcipated in another tourney whereas they allowed blue chalk only on the blue cloth. Any idea what the real reccomendations are for up keep of the cloth? Does blue or green chalk stain blue cloth more?

Diamond Pool tables that invented the color now recommends the blue chalk. After cleaning thousands of tables for them I agree that the blue chalk shows less than any other color.
David