break cues

clint3612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you guys really think that break cues help out your game? I've been working on my break, thinking about getting one, any suggestions?

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Mo

It really depends on how hard you hit. If your 9 ball break looks like a 1 pocket break then a break stick is a complete waste of money. Now if your 9 ball break has everybody in the room running for cover then you may want to invest in one and save your playing tip for playing.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have much of an opinion on pure break cues as I've never had one, but I sure do like my break/jump cue. It serves multiple purposes and I enjoy having it in the case.

I don't use it much (if at all) when playing on bar tables, but on the 8 and 9 footers, it helps me get a bit more power out of a nice, controlled stroke. I was also pleased to find that the cue I got jumps great as well... I've heard of many break/jump cues jumping poorly.

If you have a friend who has a break cue, ask them if you can try it out. You may be surprised at the difference in power you see in your break shot. If you like it, you will be able to do some research to find the cue of your liking from there. Then again, you may find that it's just not for you.

That's just my humble opinion.

Cheers,

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Break cues are tools. The right tool for the job has advantages. Harder tip, stronger taper, more power out per power in... Good tools are better than cheaply made ones - cost isn't always an indicator.
But it's still mostly about a solid hit. If you can't hit them accurately, you'll still have problems.
If you're getting reasonable results & an accurate, consitent hit with your playing cue, then a well equipped Break cue would likely provide better results for the same effort. How much better is to be seen... and worked at.
Nothing's free, is it?