Broad ripple in Indy Pool halls ?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow...the Executive is still there?
I used to play there over 40 years ago...the main action table was one of the nicest GCs I ever played on.
I walked into College Billiards in San Diego about 2 weeks ago. I haven’t been in there since 89. I drove right to it like I never missed a day, I didn’t expect it was still there. It still is. Changed lots, but still there.

Funny how some rooms last and others pass.

best
Fatboy

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I walked into College Billiards in San Diego about 2 weeks ago. I haven’t been in there since 89. I drove right to it like I never missed a day, I didn’t expect it was still there. It still is. Changed lots, but still there.

Funny how some rooms last and others pass.

best
Fatboy
It usually comes down to the cost of opening the doors every day.

TrevorB

Registered
Wow...the Executive is still there?
I used to play there over 40 years ago...the main action table was one of the nicest GCs I ever played on.

Sure is. Amazing it has survived all these years. I haven’t played there since the late 80s/early 90s. I now live about 15 miles south of Indy, but used to live on the North side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being from the west coast things here are much newer than east coast or Europe/Asia.

The oldest pool room I remember playing in was called the Rex Club in Lodi Ca. Had wear marks around the tables from decades of people walking around them. The ceiling inside was hand stamped tin painted white yellowed by years of smoke. It had 3-4 tables, It felt like a left over from the 1849 Gold Rush in Ca. It wasn’t that old as I recall it was around 100 years old in the mid 80’s. It was like a time capsule. Sadly tweekers invaded the place and it closed down in 89 I’d guess. If anyone knows more than me about that spot, I’d love to hear about it. Was cool. Not a great “pool” room. But a cool place in anycase

best
Fatboy

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I used to go into executive 30 years ago. Surprised it is still there.

Brickyard is probably the most popular pool hall in Indy. More of a drive though.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I used to go into executive 30 years ago. Surprised it is still there.

Brickyard is probably the most popular pool hall in Indy. More of a drive though.
It's one of the last pool halls in the country. No food just pool and pool tables. Also still has that 10ft snooker for golf game.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear Executive is still alive. I grew up in Indy but never played pool until moving away. Need to make a stop there next time I'm in town.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
It's one of the last pool halls in the country. No food just pool and pool tables. Also still has that 10ft snooker for golf game.
I dated a girl who lived in Castleton and would go in there during the day while she worked. Great place to kill an afternoon playing some of the old schoolers. I left a few dollars there playing one pocket.