Brunswick Anniversary Question

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy New Year to everyone!

I have an early 1950s Anniversary and it was converted to drop pockets back in the 1980s, according to the lady from whom I purchased it. The pocket liners feel like rubber or some kind of similar composition, slightly soft in texture. I'm not sure if they're original Brunswick or after-market.

In any case, the liners leave smudge marks on the Centennials I play with and I can't get them to stop. I wipe the pockets with a damp towel every time I clean the table (at least once a week or every 50 or so racks). I clean the balls with Aramith ball cleaner frequently (as often as I clean the table) and the marks still appear.

Is there a magic trick to make this stop? I wipe off the smudges as soon as I see one but I still get the occasional "skid" shot because of this.

Thanks for your help!

Brian in VA

Billiards&more

Store owner
If they are old Brunswick they would have a feathered edge that fits very well. If they are aftermarket they likely have a blunt edge on the sides at the entry to the pocket. It would help to know which they are.

I really wish Brunswick still made liners like they originally had in the 50's and 60's. The old ones were slightly rubbery but lasted just about forever and didn't mark up. The ones you likely have are made by CinCaro. They have a soft plastic texture rather than a hard rubber one. Do they leave black streaks on the cues if you rub the cue across the top of them.

seb1899

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I replaced ( I should have said I ordered and got pockets from Classic Billiards and they were installed by professionals - All Things Billiards, I am no mechanic)all of my Centennial pockets with pockets I got from Ken Hash @ Classic Billiards. I am not getting any marks on the balls.:smile:

http://www.classicbilliards.net/

Last edited:

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are old Brunswick they would have a feathered edge that fits very well. If they are aftermarket they likely have a blunt edge on the sides at the entry to the pocket. It would help to know which they are.

I really wish Brunswick still made liners like they originally had in the 50's and 60's. The old ones were slightly rubbery but lasted just about forever and didn't mark up. The ones you likely have are made by CinCaro. They have a soft plastic texture rather than a hard rubber one. Do they leave black streaks on the cues if you rub the cue across the top of them.

I'll look to be sure but I think the edge is feathered. It's strange but after I wipe them down with a damp cloth, they seem less "dusty" but still seem to mark. On your question about streaks, the only cue that they leave a visible streak on is a Cuetec that's about 18 years old. All my other cues (re:actual bare wood shaft) they don't leave a visible steak but they do leave one you can feel with your fingers.

Thanks for your response!

Brian in VA