brunswick GC2 setup & leveling pics-is this right?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I did and he actually vouched for my installers and said they are doing it right. He said he'd do it the same way if he were to come but he wouldn't come because he's too far.

Whaaaaaat? Something is wrong here.

:eek:

P.s. that table looks like a GEM!!!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes they did

There's your first indication they are unprofessional.

No I just hired them to move it and recloth it.

I'd cut bait and call Mark. He may be more expensive than the guys you hire but you get what you pay for. Mark is one of the best in the country. I've only observed tables being setup but I guarantee I could do a better job than the guys you hired.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did and he actually vouched for my installers and said they are doing it right. He knows them. He said he'd do it the same way if he were to come but he wouldn't come because he's too far.

Just saw this.

WHAT??? I'm shocked. Guarantee Mark wouldn't have eyeballed frame level with a tape measure.

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It looks like a nice table. Not all beat up. I'm not trying to piss anyone off... I just want the table to be done right. What I saw prompted me to ask questions here and many have said it isn't 100% right. I need it to be right or why bother doing it?

Yes, the installers gave me mark gregorys number as a reference when I questioned the work. I spoke with Mark for a good 5 mins. He's quite sure of himself I will say that! He's 10 times better than anyone and if I find someone better than him he'll give me $500. :eek: He's a character for certain!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Trent, would you stack the parts on the floor like that? Looks like a real nice GC II and judging by the staple holes, it's only been recovered 2-3 times.

49209758711_339144e887_c.jpg

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
They didn't level the base with a level. They used a measuring tape at each corner from the floor to the top of the base and got is close by turning the feet. I guess one of more of the feet were already in as far as it would go.

When I asked why the base wasnt levelled, the installer said the slate has to be on the base before the base can be levelled because the 160lb slate pieces "push the base down".

I hate to doubt the installers but I'm not feeling like this is going to be 100% right when done.

First things first, I am not a table mechanic but I set up my GCI without issue.
I think the way it is supposed to be done:
Step 1: Level frame with feet.
Step 2: Install center slate and level slate with feet.
Step 3: Install both outer slates, shim them if needed so the seams mate nicely and
they are level with center slate
Step 4: After filling and smoothing seams recheck table for level using feet. Install
bed cloth with correct side facing up.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent, would you stack the parts on the floor like that? Looks like a real nice GC II and judging by the staple holes, it's only been recovered 2-3 times.

No sir. No excuse for that. Moving blankets are cheap. A table that nice looking deserves RESPECT, not to mention the CLIENT.

Trent

Pic is of a GC5 install. All those boxes on the left are the clients, he was not done moving in. I take my job seriously: from the table to my tools, I try hard to keep things under control.

Attachments

• 73274744_1150970985112928_3823043011139338240_o.jpg
    73274744_1150970985112928_3823043011139338240_o.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 303

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
It looks like a nice table. Not all beat up. I'm not trying to piss anyone off... I just want the table to be done right. What I saw prompted me to ask questions here and many have said it isn't 100% right. I need it to be right or why bother doing it?

Yes, the installers gave me mark gregorys number as a reference when I questioned the work. I spoke with Mark for a good 5 mins. He's quite sure of himself I will say that! He's 10 times better than anyone and if I find someone better than him he'll give me $500. :eek: He's a character for certain!

He is a character! I would not take that bet though.....

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Pics of it yesterday prior to moving it. I don't know a ton about condition but it appeared nice to me. That's why I bought it. :thumbup: There were no moving blankets involved. Not even during transport. Everything was just stuck in the back of a pickup truck.

https://imgur.com/tG7G0CC

https://imgur.com/v4xoXRK

https://imgur.com/ybkwkFg

Its a mint GC2, which are hard to come by. The GC2 was the shortest run of all of the GC series, only like 2 years. It is the same as an end of production 1 , just different colors.

I am shocked to hear all of this. Using a pick up is fine(weather permitting of course), but, no moving blankets?? I get mine on sale at Harbor Freight with the coupon $7.99 / limit 5 per coupon. I own at least 40. Shrink wrap to keep them on there, not expensive either.

Trent

Last edited:

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not going to have them back BUT he IS vouching for my mover/installer guys. :confused:

If those hacks think you can level the table base with a tape measure, I wouldn't put past them to give you the neighborhood bartender's phone number, then tell you it's Mark Gregory's phone number !

What number did you call ??

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if those hacks think you can level the table base with a tape measure, i wouldn't put past them to give you the neighborhood bartender's phone number, then tell you it's mark gregory's phone number !

What number did you call ??

770-548-4292

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Sounds like him! I would wait until you could schedule him or someone who is going to take the time to install your table correctly.

Just my $0.02.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

thebaby

Jack of all trades
Silver Member
Something is not right

After reading this post , it is obvious something is wrong . Don says he talked to Mark . Mark says he would do it the same way These installers would. Mark Vouched for these installers . Everything sounds like he said , she said. I know Mark does not post on AZBILLIARDS , so I'm not sure how he can respond to your posts Don . Something sounds really fishy here. Take these guys advice ,And try and get a table mechanic , and not a bunch of BS's.
How about posting these installers information , so nobody will get scammed again.

Last edited:

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing fishy. It is what it is. I'm going to bow out now. The installer just called me. Evidently, mark got banned from this site and cannot respond. They're all privy to this post and I'm going to end up being the bad guy. I don't want to ruffle anymore feathers.

I may end up having a guy come from out of state to set this up and recloth it. Trying to iron out the details tonight.

:sorry:

Last edited: