Brunswick Gold Crown Sand Urn Free-Standing Smoking Receptacle

GentlemanJames

Brunswick_Gold_Crown_Sand_Urn_Ash_Stand.png

Was this ever produced or did it just appear as a catalog item?

Has anyone ever seen one in-person or have one? - GJ

GentlemanJames

Well, that certainly answers the question. I looked for one of these for decades and decades, so this is my first time seeing one that actually exists; thank you!

Can you tell me anything about the background on this one, your story with it, etc?

Are these super-rare, or am I just really bad at hunting for vintage Gold Crown accessories?- GJ

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This one came from Executive Billiards in indianapolis and it has had a rough life. Rare? Not sure, this is the only one I have ever seen.

GentlemanJames

Rough life, to be sure LOL! Is the base filled with cement or something to give it some stability, or, is it easy to tip-over? - GJ

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wouldn’t it be funny if Brunswick made that ashtray with a small pool table in it.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ice cold since 1989 2-3 packs per. Nothing like a Marlboro after dinner. I started at entry level. $.23 a pack. Put a quarter in the machine …. got a pack with .02 in it. Frkn matches must cost $.25 today.
I quit smoking and drinking on the same day. I think it was October of '89, but it could have been 1990. 2 packs + of Winstons every day and a half of a fifth of Vodka, water and ice every night and still had time to work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.