Brunswick medalist help

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
Need help and have a question about slightly lifting up my three-piece slate 9 foot Brunswick medalist. When my house was built they talked me into putting down vinyl roll flooring and it was done horribly. They are coming in in 2 weeks and putting a floating floor on top now. My question is, so I don't have to take my table completely apart, can I take a wood 4 x 4 across the 3 main beams as shown in yellow and lift it off the ground an inch or two with a bottle jack in the middle (red circle) so they can put the flooring slats on the floor under it? One floor slat is wider than the legs. I would just need to lift it enough for them to slide the vinyl slat under the legs. I know I will have to re-level from the legs when done. I just want to make sure nothing will break. Thank you for your help.
49d31a8245b3d7765198fa1a32c99e36.jpg
5f9c6e754b5f89ce43087d03d5110687.jpg
d7fc0594dd741f6908ede241ea7fd12d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The powder coater that initially did the powder of the feet and castings of my Gold Crown I skipped a step: the clear coat. I was moving a cardboard box out from under the table and it rubbed one of the feet causing removal of the powder. The table wasn't fully setup yet but the slates were on the frame. I jacked the table up quite a bit by the frame using the support bracket in the pics so I could remove the feet and install temporary 3/4" bolts to support the table. I screwed 1/2 of the 1" plywood to the 4x4 and the other half to the frame so it wouldn't walk. You should be able to do this with a fully setup table but I'd make sure to lift from the center and don't know if I'd jack up a corner at a time. I think that would be a recipe for disaster. The table will most likely require a re-level once stationary on the new floor. Good luck!

49011320372_56d7e07e69_b.jpg

49011320192_0c0e86cd7a_b.jpg

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If it were my table I would jack it up under the legs, (as long as it has 2 legs like a Gold Crown and not 4 like a Diamond bar box) that's were the table is made to be supported. I relocated a friends table this way without issue. We jacked up 1 end and put it on dollies then did the other end and moved it into place.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
The powder coater that initially did the powder of the feet and castings of my Gold Crown I skipped a step: the clear coat. I was moving a cardboard box out from under the table and it rubbed one of the feet causing removal of the powder. The table wasn't fully setup yet but the slates were on the frame. I jacked the table up quite a bit by the frame using the support bracket in the pics so I could remove the feet and install temporary 3/4" bolts to support the table. I screwed 1/2 of the 1" plywood to the 4x4 and the other half to the frame so it wouldn't walk. You should be able to do this with a fully setup table but I'd make sure to lift from the center and don't know if I'd jack up a corner at a time. I think that would be a recipe for disaster. The table will most likely require a re-level once stationary on the new floor. Good luck!

49011320372_56d7e07e69_b.jpg

49011320192_0c0e86cd7a_b.jpg
I was looking for someone who has done this like you have without issue. This helps alot. I will lift from the middle like you did. I want to make sure I won't break the 2x6 boards holding the slate. I can't have anything under or near the feet so the floor guys can get under the legs.
6c42be23b7502477f857014fa8bb0d8c.jpg
d8fd0016a9fd20638781d45e594205a9.jpg
5a3faf55aafecc1331e11b71d38aaef1.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it were my table I would jack it up under the legs, (as long as it has 2 legs like a Gold Crown and not 4 like a Diamond bar box) that's were the table is made to be supported. I relocated a friends table this way without issue. We jacked up 1 end and put it on dollies then did the other end and moved it into place.
I don't think you can do this with the Medalist based on the design of the table.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking for someone who has done this like you have without issue. This helps alot. I will lift from the middle like you did. I want to make sure I won't break the 2x6 boards holding the slate. I can't have anything under or near the feet so the floor guys can get under the legs.
6c42be23b7502477f857014fa8bb0d8c.jpg
d8fd0016a9fd20638781d45e594205a9.jpg
5a3faf55aafecc1331e11b71d38aaef1.jpg

I wouldn't attempt to lift as I did because the construction of the frame is different. You may do damage to the table.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
I wouldn't attempt to lift as I did because the construction of the frame is different. You may do damage to the table.
So I'm going to have to take the whole table apart?

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
If it were mine I would go with your original plan. The worst thing that can happen is popped slate seams. If you are gentle seams should be fine.
If the seams pop I would be okay with that I just want to make sure that I won't break none of the wood beams or actually break the slate. I would go very slow with the bottle jack and I only need it to lift up about an inch and a half, maybe 2.

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the seams pop I would be okay with that I just want to make sure that I won't break none of the wood beams or actually break the slate. I would go very slow with the bottle jack and I only need it to lift up about an inch and a half, maybe 2.

I would place 4×4 under the short/end beam as well as the long beams. This should make it less likely to flex for side to side.