Caiden tip and product review

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to thank timothysoong (www.caidenbrand.com) for the Caiden products that he sent me for review.

I will do my best to go over the products together and individually, and give you my thoughts, good or bad, on each of the products, over the next few weeks.

The first item I tried was the Caiden Soft tip. Photos of the install are included. I found that the tips installed very cleanly... the material is first-rate. It cut smoothly, even, without any fraying, etc. It was very easy to burnish.

As to play, I shot with it for an hour or so, yesterday. It held chalk very well. I experienced no miscues with the tip, over that period. The tip gripped the cue ball very nicely... very good feedback. I have it installed on a Predator Vantage shaft with an impact plate.
IMG_0047.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for the review
how much do the tips sell for?
the link did not open for me
tried it in another browser got the same message
bama cues warning link.png

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
The link took me to Instagram. The video says it's made in Japan, but it has Taiwan stamped on the tips. What's up with that?
Screenshot_20240224-084633.png
Screenshot_20240224-084848.png

xX-Wizard-Xx

Seems to me tips are like beating a dead horse ... Look at my 30$ tip it has all these qualities ... Yada yada yada

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
These tips were designed in Taiwan, but manufactured in Japan, as I understand it.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jmo
Taiwan made tips are inconsistant.
Mike,
As I understand it, these tips were designed in Taiwan (timothysoong here on AZB), but were manufactured in Japan, using Japanese materials... be sure to ask Timothy to clarify..

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am certain that Timothy Soong (timothysoong here on AZB) will respond to your questions. There is a 12 hour time difference between here and Taiwan, I believe.

These are very good tips. Richard Hsu has gone to them exclusively on his Hsunami shafts....

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,
As I understand it, these tips were designed in Taiwan (timothysoong here on AZB), but were manufactured in Japan, using Japanese materials... be sure to ask Timothy to clarify..
Thank you
Since the flooding of layered tips. I have the customers supply the tip, I'll install what ever they want. If they prove to be good tips, I'll stock them.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
how much do the tips sell for?
They retail at $30.00 each.

The link took me to Instagram. The video says it's made in Japan, but it has Taiwan stamped on the tips. What's up with that?
We're a brand from Taiwan. Most of our products are made in Taiwan. Our tips are 100% made in Japan, from the highest quality Japanese pigskin.

Jmo
Taiwan made tips are inconsistant.
I agree. Our initial design, structure was made in Taiwan but we've tried and tested endlessly, the performance and quality just doesn't meet our standards. Japan indeed has better experience with cue tips, so we ended up developing and manufacturing them in Japan.

Reactions: bbb

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We're a brand from Taiwan. Most of our products are made in Taiwan. Our tips are 100% made in Japan, from the highest quality Japanese pigskin.

I agree. Our initial design, structure was made in Taiwan but we've tried and tested endlessly, the performance and quality just doesn't meet our standards. Japan indeed has better experience with cue tips, so we ended up developing and manufacturing them in Japan.
Thank you.
Good luck.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you
Since the flooding of layered tips. I have the customers supply the tip, I'll install what ever they want. If they prove to be good tips, I'll stock them.
In my experience, the customer NEVER wants what you have in stock!! That is the nature of the beast... ;-)

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member

Thanks for clarifying, good luck with the endeavor.

TxBullDog

Registered
I got say... I am very surprised and happy with the hit and sound of this tip. I added medium fighter to my kielwood shaft and i am not changing. I tested so many tips... Ask your installer what he thinks about it and how it shapes.... Amazing. I played with Zan max but had glaze issues, kamui black and athlete i had to much mushrooming and hate the sound of the hit.... Caiden fighter solved all of it!