Calling all ball experts

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading all the cyclop post latey had wondering (of course I could of searched but this is a forum) what's the differences within the aramith sets?
I've only bought the mid priced premium balls! Aramith seems to have sets for all price ranges, at what level does it stop getting better and your paying for packaging? If at all.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading all the cyclop post latey had wondering (of course I could of searched but this is a forum) what's the differences within the aramith sets?
I've only bought the mid priced premium balls! Aramith seems to have sets for all price ranges, at what level does it stop getting better and your paying for packaging? If at all.
There may be stricter tolerances for weights, diamaters, and roundness for the higher priced sets, but you are mainly paying for the looks in regards to the more expensive Aramith balls beyond the Aramith Premier balls - my opinion.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The high end sets should be the closest in size/weight to each other and less deviation from the ideal standard.

From my experience with playing with different sets, the higher end ones have a harder rebound off each other and it takes more action to move the cueball than in the cheaper sets. They are less boingy with their collisions.

I don't like the cheaper sets, but mid range and high end are about the same to me. For my money, I'd spend $150 on a ball set before $250 and feel I got good enough quality that I am not missing out on something when playing at home vs a tournament.