Can rail torque affect corner pocket rattle?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a new Diamond 8' professional, and am getting some corner pocket ball rattle, more I guess than I think their should be. I ordered the pockets at 4 3/4", and balls seemed to drop great for the first few days, but now seem to be rattling in the corner pockets more than they should be. I did reset the rail torque the first week, as when I checked them after the installer left, they were running about 8 1/2 lb on average. I first went to 11 lbs, and now have them at 12 1/2 lb. The banks, and ball rebound off the rails seems much livelier now, seemed dead at first, but I seem to be rattling the balls in the corner pockets more. Quite honestly though, it more than likely is just that I am being a little sloppy in my shooting. When I go to meet friends and play on a Valley table, my corner pocket shots just seem to drop. Shots at home hit with follow, and a more moderate hit or less, will most always drop, but cut shots with any draw or more firm hit will rattle, unless hit very precise. I'm sure the answer is to just shoot better, but I was just wondering.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It will only get worse! Shoot center pocket or pay by means of vicious rattle! The more the cloth breaks in the less balls will slide in. Enjoy your table!

TFT

Have a new Diamond 8' professional, and am getting some corner pocket ball rattle, more I guess than I think their should be. I ordered the pockets at 4 3/4", and balls seemed to drop great for the first few days, but now seem to be rattling in the corner pockets more than they should be. I did reset the rail torque the first week, as when I checked them after the installer left, they were running about 8 1/2 lb on average. I first went to 11 lbs, and now have them at 12 1/2 lb. The banks, and ball rebound off the rails seems much livelier now, seemed dead at first, but I seem to be rattling the balls in the corner pockets more. Quite honestly though, it more than likely is just that I am being a little sloppy in my shooting. When I go to meet friends and play on a Valley table, my corner pocket shots just seem to drop. Shots at home hit with follow, and a more moderate hit or less, will most always drop, but cut shots with any draw or more firm hit will rattle, unless hit very precise. I'm sure the answer is to just shoot better, but I was just wondering.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Figured as much, I was just curious. Cloth was extremely slippery for the first few weeks. Thanks for your help.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Yeah, you are gonna wanna play most of your shots on your Diamond at pocket speed, shooting them with pace is fine if you are center pocket but if you clip the long rail on the way in you will rattle them. In the long run its going to make you a better player, enjoy your table, you are the proud owner of a sweet table..