Canadians Qualifier #4 10 ball. March 1, 2014 - One spot guaranteed!

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Open 10 ball event.
One spot for Canadians guaranteed (10 ball spot)
Saturday March 1, 2014
The End Pocket, Hamilton Ontario
Doors open: 12:00pm (subject to change)

Format:
No asshole policy in effect. VERY strict as I'm guaranteeing a spot out of pocket.
Race to 8
Alternate break
Rack your own, 2/3 on the corners.
Double Elimination - true double. B side must beat winner twice.
Call shot
No 10s on the break, spotted for incoming player.
$60 entry. No money taken for green fees.
One spot in Canadians for every $250 in the pot, (unless $250 isn't generated, then I will pay the difference!)
32 player board.
Pre-registration/ payment is available.
Tournament winner will be guaranteed a spot for the 10 ball event in this years Canadians. One player shows up? They're the winner. 2? They play for the spot.

Hoping to get a decent turnout for this as I am guaranteeing one spot! You pay your $60 and nobody shows up? Congrats! You're in Canadians.

If anyone has any questions or input, please post it here.

Last edited:

mike young

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to go Dan thanx for stepping up and doing something for our sport and the CBSA cheers Mike .....

Pryme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

So how did the tournament go? I'm fairly new the pool scene or tourney scene you can say, I'm from toronto, just wondering how the event went.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

So how did the tournament go? I'm fairly new the pool scene or tourney scene you can say, I'm from toronto, just wondering how the event went.

Hi!

Nobody came. I guarantee a spot ($250) for Canadians.

Guess I saved myself the 250. Lucky me

Pryme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow really?

I wonder why no one came, if I had a little bit more experience I wouldve came just for the experience. Btw how is the tournaments scene in canada? Gta and surrounding areas.

ThePoolScene

Registered
Hi!

Nobody came. I guarantee a spot ($250) for Canadians.

Guess I saved myself the 250. Lucky me

Sorry to hear the news Dan. You are doing a good thing for the pool community. Unfortunately, the interest just isn't there. I wish there was a simple solution.

I hope you do well in the 10-Ball event. Any idea where it will be played?

xxxbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No asshole policy in effect. VERY strict as I'm guaranteeing a spot out of pocket.

That's your answer

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

That's your answer

What are you talking about? Someone volunteering & paying a spot out of pocket not wanting to deal with assholes is understandable.. Ever host or run a tounament before?

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you talking about? Someone volunteering & paying a spot out of pocket not wanting to deal with assholes is understandable.. Ever host or run a tounament before?

Maybe he's saying they're all assholes. Lol.

He's ran a few tournaments before.

xxxbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you talking about? Someone volunteering & paying a spot out of pocket not wanting to deal with assholes is understandable.. Ever host or run a tournament before?

Answer to you Sir:

Not one but hundreds, and what I meant was that perhaps the defensive actitud has something to do with the no showing of even a single person......speaks laud I would add.....perhaps is the wrong thing for this person to do.....just my opinion

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Answer to you Sir:

Not one but hundreds, and what I meant was that perhaps the defensive actitud has something to do with the no showing of even a single person......speaks laud I would add.....perhaps is the wrong thing for this person to do.....just my opinion

Taking off with all the 'added' money isn't really my thing, I guess running tournaments isn't for me.

Tell me I'm wrong.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Answer to you Sir:

I see, my mistake.. next time you host a tournament maybe Dan Lewis can job shadow you and learn the 'tricks' of the trade.

kidpool85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that you didn't get a turnout Dan!! At least someone is trying to step up!! cheers man Oh who is this thief talking bad about you ?

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
xxxbilliards, the guy who ran off with all the 30k money, correct? What was his name again?

xxxbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do know who you are, will see you face to face and will see what you will say then.................I do have time to waist McFly!!

Last edited: