Carbon Fiber cleaner?

danks9000

Registered
Which is the best way to clean a carbon fiber shaft? Water? Alcohol? Anyone try black magic? Ultra - Glide from Mcdermott?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High percentage alcohol wipes. I have Revo wipes. Cuetec wipes. And a bottle of 91% rubbing alcohol with a soft cloth towel and I think it’s all the same.

Nyquil

Large moist high % alcohol wipes. I get the pre-packed singles. Shop around online selection is pretty expansive. I wouldn't buy the revo/cuetec wipes they are way overpriced. The glide you do not need, it actually could cause unintended issues unless you specifically have a Defy shaft. Those shafts can be tacky and this is meant to combat that shortcoming. My revo is slick as day one just using the alcohol wipes only. It also works well on the linen I have found. It will dry it out but the oils from your hand balance that out.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to predator rep. I was told no water. I think it just spreads any oils on the shaft. 90 percent isopropyl alcohol. Sometimes hard to get. I guess 70 percent will do. Get a small spray bottle for your cue case.
No powder. Some have abrasives that can scratch.

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
I've found that a quick wipe down with an alcohol wipe removes the small amount of cf dust that comes on a new shaft. After that I just spray a little Pledge on a microfiber cloth and wipe it down. The furniture wax really brings out the slick.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
70% wipes work fine. You're not soaking the shaft. It evaporates too quickly to worry about.

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have been using 70% alcohol wipes for a while and although it really cleans the shaft, the cf shaft turns slightly glossy and tacky now, instead of the slick matte surface when brand new.

is there anyway to recoat cf shafts get back that matte coating?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have been using 70% alcohol wipes for a while and although it really cleans the shaft, the cf shaft turns slightly glossy and tacky now, instead of the slick matte surface when brand new.

is there anyway to recoat cf shafts get back that matte coating?
afaik most(all?) cf shafts are uncoated. i clean my Rhino with 90%alc and have never noticed any glassy/tacky issues.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a cotton rag and a few back and forth strokes and the CF shaft is clean as if it was new. I'm not sure an extra cleaning cloth is even necessary because the shaft is always smooth and like new again. The cotton cloth just removes whatever residue is on the shaft.

Zerksies

At $500 for a Revo shaft i'm using the reccomended product. I bought a box of them when i got my first shaft. Almost two years later I still have plenty of wipes. I clean five shafts at a time and i could possibly do more.