Carbon Fiber Shaft and Balance point

Zerksies

I am toying around with the idea of switching to a CF shaft.

I was playing around last night with my Predator BK rush cue. I swapped out the Revo CF shaft and put it on my Predator Sneaky Pete playing cue.

The first thing that I noticed when I put it in my hands was the balance was off and was slightly heavier.

The weight is easy to explain and could probably easily be fixed. I could easily fix the weight with the cartridge system.

My Current shaft is 3.7oz at 12.5mm and the Revo shaft was 4.2oz at 13mm.

The one thing that really got me was the balance point it went from 18" to 19" I'm not sure how much of that I can tweak with the Uniloc weight cartridge system. I know the revo shafts are specked at 4.1oz

Anyone else notice changes in their cue switching to CF

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am toying around with the idea of switching to a CF shaft.

I was playing around last night with my Predator BK rush cue. I swapped out the Revo CF shaft and put it on my Predator Sneaky Pete playing cue.

The first thing that I noticed when I put it in my hands was the balance was off and was slightly heavier.

The weight is easy to explain and could probably easily be fixed. I could easily fix the weight with the cartridge system.

My Current shaft is 3.7oz at 12.5mm and the Revo shaft was 4.2oz at 13mm.

The one thing that really got me was the balance point it went from 18" to 19" I'm not sure how much of that I can tweak with the Uniloc weight cartridge system. I know the revo shafts are specked at 4.1oz

Anyone else notice changes in their cue switching to CF
any shaft will change the bp unless its exactly like the one you took off. unless its huge difference its nothing to worry about. you adjust to this very quikly.

Reactions: bbb

Zerksies

any shaft will change the bp unless its exactly like the one you took off. unless its huge difference its nothing to worry about. you adjust to this very quikly.
With that shaft was more of a forward balance. I know the shaft is a little different then the normal revo shaft. At least i can tweak things with the weight bolt

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
I wanted the same balance point when I ordered the Cf shaft for my New Sheriff cue so I specified the weight of the CF shaft when I had it made.
The resulting cue retains the balance properties of the maple shaft.