Carbon Fiber & Wood

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Since most of the players I’ve been seeing are swapping to carbon fiber....what are y’all doing with your wood shafts? Sitting on them or selling them?

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep them with the cue. However, I have ordered a cue with no shafts and a double ring in the joint that makes any CF shaft appear to match and be made for the cue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since most of the players I’ve been seeing are swapping to carbon fiber....what are y’all doing with your wood shafts? Sitting on them or selling them?
I have way too much $ tied up in various Mezz shafts going unused right now - mainly WX900 and EXPro. As much as I’m currently liking the Mezz ignite carbon fiber, those shafts will likely just sit in my spare cases unless/until they are sold. Anyone is welcome to PM me if they are interested!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I still use them often, especially when traveling and I don't want to risk my Revo getting lost or stolen. Depends on my mood really, sometimes I start playing with some cue or shaft I have not played with for a wile and use it for a month before swapping again. For me it's more fun that pure performance, even in a tournament. I use whatever I'm in the mood for. For example I am on a business trip now and have a new cue and shaft with me that a cuemaker let me use from a batch of test builds he did, not carbon fiber but still very enjoyable to play with.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a carbon fiber and I'm going back to a wood shaft. It seems too hard to get spin on the ball or masse with carbon fiber.