Carbon sealer

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
The real advantage to carbon is it's always straight, smooth and no dings to worry about but other than that wood is cheaper, easier and cleaner to work with.
Not quite as true as one would think.... This one is actually larger/deeper than the picture looks. The other damage that can occur is a sharp edge
will gouge it and cut the fibers. Wood shaft, this would be fixed in minutes....CF....may not be fixable.

20220127_151232.jpg
20220127_151242.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing about Carbon Shafts is one cannot hone down the shaft to make it 'pop' they way you like. It's nearly ruined if you do.
Personally I think Carbon Shafts is a FAD and will wane soon. Priced way to high for what you get... unless you accept it like a 'Silver Ghost' in the car world. Got it (to be different), flaunt it (cause of its high cost), can't park it. due to its high susceptibility for theft.
A friend got one a month ago, asked him how it's working out.
Shrugged his shoulders and only said 'It's OK'. I hit a ball with it and... ya, it's just OK.
6yrs is a pretty long fad. My buddy is at Derby and he said probably 70% of the cues have them. Prices aren't stopping sales at all.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when one has anger issues, it's not so hard...LOL. Actually, Predator is now offering scratch/abrasion repair options, as these do get damaged much easier than people think.

View attachment 626753
big difference in scratches/abrasions and a big-ass dent. you gotta whack one pretty hard on a edge to do that. in normal use you can't damage one. you can hit round things like balls pretty hard with no effect whatsoever.

PracticeChampion

big difference in scratches/abrasions and a big-ass dent. you gotta whack one pretty hard on a edge to do that. in normal use you can't damage one. you can hit round things like balls pretty hard with no effect whatsoever.
Yep seen many of carbon shafts hit the floor, tables etc being knocked over and not even a scratch that ive seen

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
You are seeing a much different pool future than me.
Probably, everyone has different druthers, bet suckers & Carte Blanche accounts.
I've test hit JUST 3 shafts so far. Two different makes but were very similar in 'hit'. The other was a 'thud' (dud) hit, tip might have been 'soft'.
OF COURSE I'm no officiano of carbon shafts but I do a bit about composites after making a few different 'toys'. In general use they don't last as long as wood when their use is 'shock compressing' and flexing. Wood is far more resilient of both criteria, after all wood trees flex 99% of their lives.
__TIME WILL TELL THE TALE,
__on this discussion, I'm setting sail.