Carbon vs Wood Jumper

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I was wondering which is better/easier to jump with? I have tried several jump cues and my favorite is an old Lomax I had with an extra long extension. I am currently about to receive another Lomax jumper with standard measurements, but I am wondering about a carbon fiber jump cue.

I should note I have had a Hanshew as well and did not care for it at all jumping with the cue under my arm, I felt it was difficult to get the ball off the table, that shaft was purpleheart.

I am really interested in getting a carbon fiber jump cue, either a Mezz Air Drive II or the GO Custom Jump cue. Anyone tried either of these two?

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I was wondering which is better/easier to jump with? I have tried several jump cues and my favorite is an old Lomax I had with an extra long extension. I am currently about to receive another Lomax jumper with standard measurements, but I am wondering about a carbon fiber jump cue.

I should note I have had a Hanshew as well and did not care for it at all jumping with the cue under my arm, I felt it was difficult to get the ball off the table, that shaft was purpleheart.

I am really interested in getting a carbon fiber jump cue, either a Mezz Air Drive II or the GO Custom Jump cue. Anyone tried either of these two?
I saw a post the other day where someone cut open a Air Drive II and it was wood on the inside covered in carbon. I’ll try to find it and post the pictures. I know Deluna doesn’t use it anymore. He is using some custom that has a purple butt and a carbon shaft. Josh Roberts and Oi use ones that look real similar although I don’t know if they are the same or who made em.
That’s weird about the Hanshew. I use one now and I have no problem getting over anything. The first one I had to muscle getting the ball off the table but after inspection it had a cracked ferrule. Once I got a new shaft from him I had to dial back cause I over jumped a lot. I plan on buying a GO soon to try out cause I’ve heard lots of good things about those.

Attachments

• 79FCD8FF-361C-4818-AC5F-97BDA5C24122.jpeg
    79FCD8FF-361C-4818-AC5F-97BDA5C24122.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 0AA6DA99-854D-4444-BB0E-2C430EA6F454.jpeg
    0AA6DA99-854D-4444-BB0E-2C430EA6F454.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried and owned several jumpers, including the Mezz Air Drive ll. For me, the Air Hog 2 works the best. The new OB offering gets up quick and can really move the cue ball but was not as easy to control as the AH2. As always, YMMV. Best of luck on your search.

Keith

Edited for sp.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a post the other day where someone cut open a Air Drive II and it was wood on the inside covered in carbon. I’ll try to find it and post the pictures. I know Deluna doesn’t use it anymore. He is using some custom that has a purple butt and a carbon shaft. Josh Roberts and Oi use ones that look real similar although I don’t know if they are the same or who made em.
That’s weird about the Hanshew. I use one now and I have no problem getting over anything. The first one I had to muscle getting the ball off the table but after inspection it had a cracked ferrule. Once I got a new shaft from him I had to dial back cause I over jumped a lot. I plan on buying a GO soon to try out cause I’ve heard lots of good things about those.

could it be a copy?

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could it be a copy?
I guess it’s possible but I doubt it. The guy is a mezz nut so I believe he’d know if it was. The guy opened the butt and shaft on the new power break G also. No wood in the ignite shafts.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby Black-Out carbon fiber shaft is quite easy to jump with full cue or attached to a Jacoby jump cue handle.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Robin Dobson I believe was lady who had two jump Cue for sale ever year in Las Vegas at BCAPL thing.

Frog & Tadpole Jump Cues, they could do any jump, were under $100.00.

Ms. Dobson was skilled with her Cues, they were not magic, HER SKILL WAS.😎