Carmeli Question

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really about his shafts.

Looking at even his most exotic cues--those loaded with ivory--most that I see for sale have LBM ferrules. Is that standard for him? Does he use ivory ferrules very often? I know that I read that he no longer uses ivory b/c of the ban, but I'm talking about his cues before the ban.

Does anyone know how I could contact him about this?

P.S., I'm also looking to buy a Carmeli shaft with ivory ferrules, preferably with his signature diamond/star ringwork.

KP

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really about his shafts.

Looking at even his most exotic cues--those loaded with ivory--most that I see for sale have LBM ferrules. Is that standard for him? Does he use ivory ferrules very often? I know that I read that he no longer uses ivory b/c of the ban, but I'm talking about his cues before the ban.

P.S., I'm also looking to buy a Carmeli shaft with ivory ferrules, preferably with his signature diamond/star ringwork.

KP

His standard is always LBM
He used ivory for ferrules normally only for custom orders.
If you need to reach him you can pm me

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks so much Mr. Cohen!

I tried to PM you but, your mailbox is full.

Ken

His standard is always LBM
He used ivory for ferrules normally only for custom orders.
If you need to reach him you can pm me

Last edited:

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really about his shafts.

KP

I don't have a contact for him but I believe he resides in California. State ivory restrictions prevent cue makers there from working or selling anything with ivory.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
really about his shafts.

Looking at even his most exotic cues--those loaded with ivory--most that i see for sale have lbm ferrules. Is that standard for him? Does he use ivory ferrules very often? I know that i read that he no longer uses ivory b/c of the ban, but i'm talking about his cues before the ban.

Does anyone know how i could contact him about this?

P.s., i'm also looking to buy a carmeli shaft with ivory ferrules, preferably with his signature diamond/star ringwork.

Kp

pm sent carmeli shaft

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the only contact info I have for Carmelli which is from the CA Cue-Makers Directory I obtained
from the Head of Enforcement for California Fish & Wildlife back in April before the ban was enacted.

California cue-makers are on their watch list, especially after the recent Federal prosecution of Ernie.
The penalties are pretty severe for cue-makers since they'd be viewed as willful, intentional violators.

As you've probably read, that's why so many cue--makers in CA discontinued the use of ivory prior to
enactment of California AB-96 that became effective 7/1/16 that basically prohibits ivory carte blanche.

Even a cue-maker outside of CA cannot make or even sell a cue to anyone that resides in California.
So CA cue-makers have ceased all use of ivory, or they better have, and your only hope is to look to
the resale market since getting anything from Carmelli with ivory is a lost cause unless he relocates.

Carmeli Custom Cues
1136 East 17th Street
Santa Ana, California 92701
Phone: 714-356-2641

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it wasn't apparent, I am ardently opposed to AB-96. I have tried since last December when Gov. Brown
signed this law into existence to obtain CITES certificates for my cue collection and to date, all my efforts
have been in vain despite the contacts & sources I've cultivated within the CA Fish & Wildlife organization.