Carom Cafe- seating, crowds, etc?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I'm just curious how the venue is working out. Anyone with boots on the ground able to comment on the layout? Also, what are the crowds like-full house/decent/morgue? How is the seating and table layout?

From what I am hearing, the crowds are dismal. If so, I suspect it is the venue.

Eric

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Except for last year, I attended the previous two (poolhall based) and felt attendance was on par. I was there on Sunday and it was a good community vibe. Lots of old and familiar faces. The former owner of Comet billiards Bill Haley, and Ed of Sandcastle were there.

greenkill

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been there every day, including the Hall of Fame Banquet. The tickets are split into an afternoon and an evening session.

It definitely got more crowded during the evening sessions when people started getting off work, and definitely more crowded once they started the 3C tournament on the other side of Carom.

Overall, it's been pretty packed, and I think the venue is working out.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Glad to hear that attendance is decent. Knowing the neighborhood around Carom, I wasn't too confident about being able to accommodate anyone that didn't take public transportation, to get there.

Also, nice to hear Bill Haley is still around. Comet Billiards was one of the nicest pool rooms around.

Eric

Hector3cushion

Hector
Silver Member
Being that Carom is my home room, any opinion of mine will be deeply biased.

it's a great room, with wonderful and separate arenas for both 3-cushion and pool.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
There is a public garage next door, and I believe Carom has their own indoor parking as well.