Carombooks
Registered
I have quite a number of billiard books on my shelf, approximately 20 to 30. Together I think they weigh about 20 kg and they would fill up a small suitcase, if I would ever want to take them with me in my club. I often thought that I should scan them onto my laptop so that I can take them with me anytime. When the iPad was introduced I had the vision to bring billiard books not only as a digital copy onto a portable device, but use all the advantages of the new technology and enrich the books with videos, explanations, 3D-models etc. and make the whole thing easy to use.
Fortunately, I know outstanding authors from courses which I took part in: Xavier Gretillat, Laurent Guénet and Stéphane Nole. Even though I didn't know Andreas Efler personally, I knew about the excellent reputation of his books. Therefore I just wrote him and told him about my project.
All authors spontaneously agreed to getting involved in this adventure and to edit their books together with me and adapt them for the iPad. After months of preparation, taking videos for days, sound recordings and corrections we are very happy to being able to announce the publication of the first three books, which are:
- "Les rappels de long" by Xavier Gretillat (French)
- "Les Bases Fondamentales" by Laurent Guénet (French)
- "Karambol Billard - Basis" by Andreas Efler (German and English)
On my homepage all books are described in detail with screenshots and demo videos. You can buy the books at Apple's iBookstore, only available for the iPad.
Further books are already being prepared. Beside of versions in other languages of the existing books we are working on „Les rappels de large“ and „Les prises d’américaine“ by Xavier Gretillat, as well as on „Big Points“ which is a comprehensive book about three cushion by Andreas Efler.
We hope that this new format will be appreciated by billiard players and that soon young and old, beginners and experienced will be seen in their clubs practicing with their iPads!
Daniel Zimmermann
Carombooks
Fortunately, I know outstanding authors from courses which I took part in: Xavier Gretillat, Laurent Guénet and Stéphane Nole. Even though I didn't know Andreas Efler personally, I knew about the excellent reputation of his books. Therefore I just wrote him and told him about my project.
All authors spontaneously agreed to getting involved in this adventure and to edit their books together with me and adapt them for the iPad. After months of preparation, taking videos for days, sound recordings and corrections we are very happy to being able to announce the publication of the first three books, which are:
- "Les rappels de long" by Xavier Gretillat (French)
- "Les Bases Fondamentales" by Laurent Guénet (French)
- "Karambol Billard - Basis" by Andreas Efler (German and English)
On my homepage all books are described in detail with screenshots and demo videos. You can buy the books at Apple's iBookstore, only available for the iPad.
Further books are already being prepared. Beside of versions in other languages of the existing books we are working on „Les rappels de large“ and „Les prises d’américaine“ by Xavier Gretillat, as well as on „Big Points“ which is a comprehensive book about three cushion by Andreas Efler.
We hope that this new format will be appreciated by billiard players and that soon young and old, beginners and experienced will be seen in their clubs practicing with their iPads!
Daniel Zimmermann
Carombooks