CARVAJAL RIPS MARBELLA, RULES CEBU 9-BALL FOR P20,000 TOP PRIZE
BY: MARLON BERNARDINO
FELIX "BULATI" CARVAJAL trounced Bernard "Tagalog" Marbella in a 7-1 lopsided victory in the finals to rules the just concluded Don't Tell Mama 9-ball tournament in Manalili, Cebu, over the weekend.
Carvajal, a member of the rising Magi Group of Cebuano sportsman Paul Monera Magadan of MPC Glass and Alluminum Trading pocketed the top prize of P20,000.
" I'm very happy to win this event,"said the 16-year-old youth campaigner “I just hope that I could sustain this performance. My goal is to become a Philippine Junior champion, and I’ve been working hard for that.” said Carval, who earlier brought downed Mark Greg Ochea, 7-6, in the final four while Marbella defeated Allan Collonade in a similar 7-6 triumph.
Marbella, who beat Cebuano sportsman Paul Monera Magadan in the sweet 16 didn't go empty-hand settling a runner-up purse of P10,000.
Ochea and Collonade, on the other hand went home P4,000 each for reaching the final four. Meanwhile, the prestigious councilor Eduardo L.Cuizon 9-ball tournament gets going on June 9 to 13 at the famous Rhodiet Billiard Hall in Lapu-Lapu City.
At stakes is P12,000 going to the champion while the first runner up offers P6,000. This Independence day 9-ball tournament organized and hosted by councilor Rudy Potot. MARLON BERNARDINO
BY: MARLON BERNARDINO
FELIX "BULATI" CARVAJAL trounced Bernard "Tagalog" Marbella in a 7-1 lopsided victory in the finals to rules the just concluded Don't Tell Mama 9-ball tournament in Manalili, Cebu, over the weekend.
Carvajal, a member of the rising Magi Group of Cebuano sportsman Paul Monera Magadan of MPC Glass and Alluminum Trading pocketed the top prize of P20,000.
" I'm very happy to win this event,"said the 16-year-old youth campaigner “I just hope that I could sustain this performance. My goal is to become a Philippine Junior champion, and I’ve been working hard for that.” said Carval, who earlier brought downed Mark Greg Ochea, 7-6, in the final four while Marbella defeated Allan Collonade in a similar 7-6 triumph.
Marbella, who beat Cebuano sportsman Paul Monera Magadan in the sweet 16 didn't go empty-hand settling a runner-up purse of P10,000.
Ochea and Collonade, on the other hand went home P4,000 each for reaching the final four. Meanwhile, the prestigious councilor Eduardo L.Cuizon 9-ball tournament gets going on June 9 to 13 at the famous Rhodiet Billiard Hall in Lapu-Lapu City.
At stakes is P12,000 going to the champion while the first runner up offers P6,000. This Independence day 9-ball tournament organized and hosted by councilor Rudy Potot. MARLON BERNARDINO