Case repair or refinishing?

Noodle

Registered
Not sure what section to post this but I have a mid 80's 2X4 It's George case and I was thinking of trying to have it fixed up, it's not horrible but would love to have the interior cleaned and the corners of the pocket repaired if possible.

I've sent cues to Proficient Billiards but have no idea where to start for a case.

PXL_20240303_224512108.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240303_224526339.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure what section to post this but I have a mid 80's 2X4 It's George case and I was thinking of trying to have it fixed up, it's not horrible but would love to have the interior cleaned and the corners of the pocket repaired if possible.

I've sent cues to Proficient Billiards but have no idea where to start for a case.

View attachment 746699

View attachment 746700
Contact Jill Hawk Cases here at AZB. They might be able to help.
👍
JillHawkCueCases

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
FCI Billiards. Good Folks. Do a lot of Instroke repair. If they don't do it, they should know who can:

Zerksies

Their are several cleaning products for leather I'd try them first. The worn spots are probably going to be either replaced or dyed. Anything is fixable it's just how much you wanna spend

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

View attachment 746699

View attachment 746700
The interiors are glued in. You literally have to tear it out. The best way to clean it would be to simply vacuum it. You can make a vacuum tube using an electrical pipe taped to a shop vac.

As for the leather the corners just need to be dyed, burnished and a little clearand coat sprayed on. If you really want to go farther you can dye and then paint with Angelus leather acrylic and then clear coat the corners.

You can easily do this yourself.

I don't know if anyone is currently doing case repair/refurbish. I stopped years ago.

Reactions: fjk