****CAUTION: I think SWCues email was hacked***

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just opened my email and found an email "from" swcue@aol.com. The header was "Great Idea!", and it appeared to be to most of SW's address book. It only had a link to an executable file. I did not click on the link.

I initially tried to reply to the email to let Laurie know something smelled ref the email, but my computer blocked my reply to the email.

I then replied to the email, but removed the "original" email address (although it appeared correct), and typed in her address, and the email went out.

If you receive an email from SW or possibly from anyone else that seems strange, be cautious. I am no computer expert...perhaps someone who is will get the email and be able to analyse it.

Thanks,
Joe
 
They need to change their email password immediately. If it really is an AOL email, it may get disabled permanently. AOL doesn't mess around when accounts violate their TOS. There really is no gray area. They don't re-enable them usually, either.

This is a case in point of why businesspeople need to invest a few dollars into the IT end of their business. I could have set them up with Google Mail [this is not gmail, but a business-class service] for $300. Then no security worries and it is operable from mobile phones.
 
Back
Top