Center to edge an aiming system or just natural aiming explained?

I don't use any aiming systems. I have been deconstructing my game, and found that as much as I thought I was landing on the english I needed...I am in fact kind of pivoting across the cueball. My body is aligned with the english I need, but I don't immediately point the cue at the english that I have lined up for, but I kind of pivot across the cueball after what seems to be finding the edge of both the cueball and object ball...during the eye pattern stage. Also, when I pivot, its not backhand english because my bridge hand does slide to line up the cue with my body. Once my cue moves to the English I aligned for I will feel balanced.

This pivot happens so quickly and so naturally, it can be so slight that to the naked eye you couldn't notice it, and I can barely feel it myself but it's there.
So maybe edging in whatever form is just the way our brains aim naturally because the edges are a finite reference point?

UPDATE:
After further testing I think I am just using the ghost ball method actually...that has become muscle memory.

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I don't use any aiming systems. I have been deconstructing my game, and found that as much as I thought I was landing on the english I needed...I am in fact kind of pivoting across the cueball. My body is aligned with the english I need, but I don't immediately point the cue at the english that I have lined up for, but I kind of pivot across the cueball after what seems to be finding the edge. It's not backhand english because my bridge hand does slide during this pivot to line up the cue with my body. Once my cue moves to the English I alinged for I will feel balanced.

This pivot happens so quickly and can be so slight that to the naked eye you couldn't notice it, and I can barely feel it myself but it's there.

It feels very natural...I mean it is how my mind and body have decided is the best way to "aim" when I'm not consciously thinking about it.

So maybe center to edge (or it seems edge to center in my case) aiming is just the way our brains aim and is not really a system?
Go watch The Truth Series and report back.

• Haha
Reactions: bbb

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't use any aiming systems. I have been deconstructing my game, and found that as much as I thought I was landing on the english I needed...I am in fact kind of pivoting across the cueball. My body is aligned with the english I need, but I don't immediately point the cue at the english that I have lined up for, but I kind of pivot across the cueball after what seems to be finding the edge. It's not backhand english because my bridge hand does slide during this pivot to line up the cue with my body. Once my cue moves to the English I alinged for I will feel balanced.

This pivot happens so quickly and can be so slight that to the naked eye you couldn't notice it, and I can barely feel it myself but it's there.

It feels very natural...I mean it is how my mind and body have decided is the best way to "aim" when I'm not consciously thinking about it.

So maybe center to edge (or it seems edge to center in my case) aiming is just the way our brains aim and is not really a system?
A good aiming system provides a reliable checklist to guide and review if need be. This gives structure to a player's craft; stability under fire and strife. A good many self styled players sacrifice morality and other vital human attributes to harden their personality instead. Not a good idea or place in actual life.

If you already know and are aligned with the correct aim line, then all your "aiming" is done before you "point the cue" onto that line, and the "pivot" has no effect (except maybe psychological).

pj
chgo
That would seem the case, but when I try to do it without any pivot it feels like I am not as connected to the shot but more just delivering the cuestick.

Last edited:
I don't use any aiming systems. I have been deconstructing my game, and found that as much as I thought I was landing on the english I needed...I am in fact kind of pivoting across the cueball. My body is aligned with the english I need, but I don't immediately point the cue at the english that I have lined up for, but I kind of pivot across the cueball after what seems to be finding the edge of both the cueball and object ball...during the eye pattern stage. Also, when I pivot, its not backhand english because my bridge hand does slide to line up the cue with my body. Once my cue moves to the English I aligned for I will feel balanced.

This pivot happens so quickly and so naturally, it can be so slight that to the naked eye you couldn't notice it, and I can barely feel it myself but it's there.
So maybe edging in whatever form is just the way our brains aim naturally because the edges are a finite reference point?
After further testing I think I am just using the ghost ball method actually...that has become muscle memory.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
took 3 1/2 hours to realize your opening post was b.s./wrong
you sure are a knowledgeable troll to quote you from another thread......:ROFLMAO:😂