Chalk Holders

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Green Baize just got back to me, and while the wording was a little vague, it appeares they will clip on. I'm going to order a couple to try. I really like their design in that it looks more like a pouch and not just two pieces of leather sewn together where you have to wedge the chalk inbetween.
Ordered!

Last edited:

Greg M

for the chalk pouch users
doesnt the chalk get all over the inside of the pouch
making it messy?
I've never had an issue with chalk messing up the pouch. I use green Master for my break cue that I keep in my pouch, which is pretty pasty compared to green Triangle.

For my playing cue, I use Taom and keep it in my small front pocket.

Reactions: bbb

Greg M

Green Baize just got back to me, and while the wording was a little vague, it appeares they will clip on. I'm going to order a couple to try. I really like their design in that it looks more like a pouch and not just two pieces of leather sewn together where you have to wedge the chalk inbetween.
Glad to hear it. I picked up mine from Woods Cues in China. It's not as wide as the Peradon ones, and I prefer the slimmer profile.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We'll see, always wanted to try one. I've bought more expensive things before that I never ended up using.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Update from my previous post. The aluminum clip was too inflexible so it was too tight or too loose. Maybe with a thinner piece of metal, but I decided to go all magnetic with it. Costs a bit more but it is easier to get on and off and less wear and tear on the pocket.

Pardon my novice leather work.

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8085.jpeg

Last edited:

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just trying it out now, I really like this pouch. So convenient and no mess on your hands. Nice soft leather and chalk just sits in there. No more leaving chalk on table. Why pool places in the US don't sell these is beyond belief.
1000002476.jpg

Greg M

Just trying it out now, I really like this pouch. So convenient and no mess on your hands. Nice soft leather and chalk just sits in there. No more leaving chalk on table. Why pool places in the US don't sell these is beyond belief.View attachment 750817
It's a shame that I haven't seen pouches available on any American pool site I've been on. I'll never go back to magnetic holders.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Update from my previous post. The aluminum clip was too inflexible so it was too tight or too loose. Maybe with a thinner piece of metal, but I decided to go all magnetic with it. Costs a bit more but it is easier to get on and off and less wear and tear on the pocket.

Pardon my novice leather work.

View attachment 749860

View attachment 749861
looks like a magic trick with the chalk suspended on your jeans....😂

GrayBeard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always hated having to walk around the table to find chalk to chalk my cue, it interrupts my pre-shot routine, so I bought a magnetic chalk holder that has served me well for years, it does have a few drawbacks like the holder is not secure to the pants pocket and would fall off sometimes, so I looked on line to see it there was any "new technology" in the world of chalk holders, I found a chalk holder made by a company called Crical, it was less than $25.00 so the worst thing that could happen is I would be out $25.00, just received it yesterday and I'm really impressed, the part that attaches to your pants pocket use a really strong magnet to hold it in place, the old holder just used a hook to hold it, that magnet doubles as the chalk holder as well and is twice the size of the old holder, you get (1) square silicone holder and (1) round silicone holder that has round metal discs for the magnet to grab, I was worried that the silicone holders might be a problem but they were no problem at all, you even get silicone covers to put on the top of the keep chalk to keep it from getting in you case, if you have never tried using a chalk holder this one might make you want to, I am not affiliated with Crical in any way, I am not being paid for this review, just thought any of you who might be thinking of trying a new chalk holder might like to hear it from another pool player, I'm not a great pool player but I play one on TV.
I had one of the chalk holders with the stick that went into my pocket. Didn't like it. I had a retractable key chain that I didn't use so I attached the Chalk holder to the retractable key chain and I'm very happy with the result. I clip the keychain holder to my pants, and simply grab the chalk, extend it to my cue tip (plenty of length), chalk and return it to my belt level. I don't let it snap back from full extension because I think that over time there could be negative consequences to the chalk.